Police Beat

A $450 bike was stolen from the bike racks by Drachman Hall, 1295 N. Martin Ave., Sept. 19, reports stated.

The student noticed her mountain bike was gone at 7:15 p.m. when she went to check on it after she got out of class.

The blue and grey mountain bike was locked to the building’s south-side bike racks with the seat removed. The Kryptonite lock that secured the bike was also stolen.

The student had the serial number for the bike, but it was not registered with Parking and Transportation Services.

Damage to a Campbell East Farms, 2411 E. Roger Rd., fence and gate were reported to police Sept. 15, reports stated.

An employee contacted police after noticing damage from someone trying to cut through hardware that secured a gate. It did not appear that the person was able to gain entry and there were no items missing.

The employee wanted to report the incident because the facilities had been broken into Aug. 10. During that incident, $6,000 worth of equipment was stolen.

A golf cart was stolen from the School of Information Resource and Library Science, 1515 E. First St., reports stated.

The $2,000 golf cart was taken sometime between Sept. 15 and Sept. 17.

An employee said he had parked the golf cart in a gated area at 5 p.m. Sept. 15, and no one had used it since then. The cart had a club on the steering wheel. The employee said the club was not very good and could be taken off easily.

The gate was still locked when he found the cart missing. He contacted everyone who had keys to the area and all were accounted for.

The employee said there is a “”Freedom”” sticker on the front of the golf cart.

There was no damage to the lock or gate.

More than $700 worth of items was stolen from a white pickup truck parked in the lot south of the Student Recreation Center, 1420 E. Seventh St., Sept. 18, reports stated.

The student said he parked the truck at 11:15 a.m. and returned at 12:30 p.m. to find his backpack and in-dash mp3 player missing.

The student said he entered his vehicle on the passenger side and noticed his backpack and stereo were gone first.

When he went around to the driver’s side, he saw that his door lock had been punched and some sunglasses and CDs had also been taken.

The backpack was found at the Circle K on East Sixth Street.

A duffle bag filled with UA IceCats hockey team gear was found in a dumpster behind Petsmart, 4740 E. Grant Rd., reports stated.

The red and blue duffle was turned into police Sept. 18. There were no identifying marks on the outside or inside of the bag.

Items inside the bag included: shoulder pads, dark blue leggings, calf guards, elbow pads, wrist pads, hockey gloves, helmet, ice skates, neck band, skate laces and a mouth piece.

A student was possibly defrauded of $72.50 by two men selling magazines Sept. 6, reports stated.

The woman said that the two men came to her dorm room at Posada San Pedro Residence Hall, 601 N. Highland Ave., and asked her and her roommate to buy subscriptions to magazines.

The woman bought a 36-issue subscription to PC Gamer for $60 with a $12.50 shipping and handling fee. The next day she decided she didn’t want the subscription and followed the mailing directions to stop the order.

Five days later, the student noticed the check was posted to her account. When she called the number on the receipt, she found that the phone number was disconnected.

It was not determined if the company had enough time to receive and process the cancellation. Police were unsure if this was a case of fraud at the time of the report.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu