Date Book

Campus Events

• “”One Wild Spinning Ride.”” Students are invited to participate in this exercise event. The entry fee includes the event and a number of free giveaways. 5 p.m. $10-$20. Student Recreation Center, Woodard Room
  • Book buybacks. The BookStore will be on the UA Mall to purchase books. 8 a.m. to
    4 p.m. UA Mall
  • Doctoral oral defense. Lida P. Hariri defends “”Evaluation of Mouse Models of Colorectal Cancer Using Optical Coherence Tomography and Laser Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy.”” 9 a.m. Free. UA Cancer Center, Room 2951
  • Guided tour. The Visitor Center staff presents a tour showcasing the UA’s history and landmarks. Those interested must contact the Visitor Center in advance. 10 a.m. Free. Visitor Center, 811 N. Euclid Ave.
  • Blood drive. UA students are invited to donate blood at this United Blood Services blood drive. This event is sponsored by Alpha Epsilon Delta. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free.
    Cherry Avenue pullout on the UA Mall
  • Project Converse/Proyecto Converse. Project Converse is a student-run organization that offers an informal setting for practicing English. All practice is one-on-one conversation. 1 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Tubac Room
  • Entertainment

• Comedy corner. Improv comedy is performed at the PSU every Wednesday. 9 p.m. Free. Park Student Union, Food Court
  • Exhibit. “”Making A Statement: A community-based project questioning the role of the idea, the object, and the author in contemporary art”” runs through tomorrow. This project is co-hosted by Brookhart Jonquil and Sanya Glisic. All day. Free. SUMC, Kachina Gallery
  • Recital. Salvatore Boenzi, a music senior, is performing a clarinet recital. For more information call 621-2998. 7 p.m. Free. Music building, Holsclaw Hall