What’s new this February to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime

Whats new this February to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime

At this point, the semester has officially begun to settle in, and you may consider this a positive or a negative thing. It could mean you have finally figured out your schedule and have adjusted nicely to your new classes, or it could mean that you have wanted to consistently bang your head against a wall at the sheer mention of the word “school.” Either way, you can always rely on man’s best friend to help make the days just a little better.

Not dogs, but Netflix.

The streaming service, as well as others, consistently provide top-quality movies and television shows for viewers each month, and February proves no different.

RELATED:  What’s new to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime this December 

So, try watching this instead of banging your head with the wall.

On Feb. 1, everyone’s favorite forgetful fish hit the streaming site with “Finding Dory,” the sequel to the much-beloved film, “Finding Nemo.” Some have called “Dory” just an inferior copy of the original film, while others think it’s original enough to stand on its own merit. Either way, the franchise must have run out of people to “find” at this point.

via GIPHY

On Feb. 2, critically-acclaimed FX miniseries, “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story,” became available to stream. The title seems pretty self-explanatory, but for anyone unfamiliar, this series takes a look at the events surrounding the time period when O.J. Simpson was accused of murdering his ex-wife and one of her friends. An impeccable script and a top-notch cast that includes Cuba Gooding, Jr., John Travolta, David Schwimmer and Sarah Paulson turn this series into essential viewing.

As most of us know, Netflix excels on the original series front as well. Feb. 3 made way for a new original series, “Santa Clarita Diet,” a series starring Drew Barrymore as a real estate agent, wife and mother who one day wakes up as a flesh-craving zombie. Interesting enough of a premise, I suppose. So far, critics say the show provides plenty of laughs, it just has a bit too much gore.

Fans of raunchy comedy will find themselves at home on Netflix this month as they sit back, relax and laugh with “Superbad,” which started streaming Feb. 4 and “Sausage Party,” which will start streaming Feb. 23. “Superbad” takes a hilarious look at teenage partying and helped jumpstart the acting careers of Jonah Hill, Michael Cera and Emma Stone. “Sausage Party” provides an adult animated film about different foods in a grocery store that eventually takes on both satirical and religious connotations. Both films have different things to offer, but will likely still appeal to a similar audience.

via GIPHY

Netflix may function as the go-to streaming platform for many, but let’s not forget that others do exist out there, so we shouldn’t completely forget about them.

RELATED: What’s new this November to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime

Hulu also has some quality content to stream this month, with movies like military thriller “Black Hawk Down,” drama “Revolutionary Road,” indie drama “The Station Agent,” and absolute cinematic masterpiece, “There Will Be Blood” already available to stream, along with plenty of other movies and television shows. Don’t worry Hulu, we didn’t forget about you.

Amazon Prime has also proven itself a noteworthy streaming service, bringing its own batch of content to fans this month. Television series, such as season 4 of FX drama “The Americans,” will become available Feb. 15 and movies like “Into The Wild,” “10 Cloverfield Lane,” and “Captain Fantastic” will also become available throughout the month.

Hopefully, these February offerings will provide you with enough options for getting through the month. If these don’t help at all, then you may be a lost cause.

Follow Alec Kuehnle on Twitter