Things to know today

Be healthy

Free events, classes and demonstrations on diet, exercise and health will be available today for Well University Day. Events include strength training and toning classes in Bear Down Gym, a healthy food challenge and yoga classes. Information on growing your own vegetables, making fast and healthy meals, where to find a good yoga classes, measuring your body composition and osteoporosis prevention will be available in Bear Down Gym from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Well University day is part of Promoting Academics, Wellness and Success, a week-long series of events.

Spinach back in stores

The FDA announced that the spinach responsible for the E. coli outbreak has been traced to Natural Selection Foods LLC of San Juan Bautista, Calif. Retailers and restaurants will begin selling spinach again today. Consumers are advised to store spinach in clean refrigerators at temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Arizona had seven cases of E. coli from the tainted spinach.

National Custodial Workers Recognition Day

Recognize the work of campus custodial workers by not leaving food in classrooms and making their jobs a little easier, said Chris Kopach, associate director of Facilities Management. More than 300 Facilities Management employees work anywhere from the residence halls to the classrooms, keeping the campus clean. Be sure to thank the custodial workers not only today, but every day.