What to expect from the Gem & Jam Festival this weekend in Tucson

The flyer for this year’s Gem and Jam Festival. (Courtesy of Noah Simon, junior publicist for Gem and Jam.)

Three full days of art, music and performances are coming to Tucson this weekend. For any curious University of Arizona students, here is what you need to know before going to the 15th annual Gem & Jam Festival.

The festival is located at the Pima County Fairgrounds, and the party seems to never stop. Here is the schedule for the festival: 

Friday, Feb. 3, starts at 11:30 a.m. and ends at 4:00 a.m. 

Saturday, Feb. 4, is from 10:45 a.m. and ends at 4:00 a.m.

Sunday, Feb. 5, 10:45 a.m. and ends at 3:00 a.m. 

There is so much to see and do, like workshops, art, vendors and performances. There is such a variety of music genres like psychedelic rock, funk, electro and indie. 

“I think Gem & Jam is a great event for students because it offers a singular festival experience. In addition to its impressively eclectic lineup — which spans a bevy of genres, from jam to bass to rock to funk, soul and dubstep — the festival contains a whole universe of different visual and performance art programming, wellness workshops, and incredible gem and mineral offerings. It’s a truly unique, inclusive festival for all types of people,” junior publicist for Gem & Jam Noah Simon said.

Parking is $20 for the day, or Uber and Lyft will be easily accessible. Festival tickets have payment plans available, which could help make the festival more accessible to anyone’s budget.

Set in the picturesque Tucson desert, it’s no surprise that 55,000 people attend this one-of-a-kind festival each year. 

Follow Maayan Cohen on Twitter