Police Beat

A man was arrested for attempting to steal items from a white Hummer limousine Sunday, reports stated.

A police officer saw a man with blond hair wearing an orange shirt and jeans running from the limousine on the east side of the Arizona Stadium, 530 N. Vine Ave., at about 2 p.m., reports stated.

The limousine driver told the police officer that the man had tried to steal items from the limousine, reports stated.

The officer saw a man who appeared to be the suspect without a shirt walking near East Eighth Street and North Warren Avenue.

The man was carrying a garbage bag and the officer saw him put the bag in a recycling bin, reports stated.

When the officer asked him why he was carrying the bag, the man said an “”old lady”” had given it to him to throw away, reports stated.

A search showed the bag contained an orange “”Ecko”” T-shirt, reports stated.

When the officer asked the man what he had been doing at the limousine, the man replied that he was looking for a place to have sex with his girlfriend and that he had moved items in the vehicle but hadn’t taken anything.

A lighter, rolling papers and a small amount of a green leafy substance was found in the man’s pocket, which he said was “”reefer,”” reports stated.

The man was arrested and the man’s girlfriend told police she had sex with him behind a door on the west end of the stadium, reports stated.

She said he had told her there was something in the limousine, but she left after telling him to leave the limousine, reports stated.

A man was booked into Pima County jail for possession of marijuana and five outstanding warrants after being questioned at a bus stop near North Euclid Avenue and East First Street on Friday, reports stated.

The man appeared to be writing on a pole at the bus stop when police approached him, reports stated.

When the officer asked what he was doing, the man replied that the writing was already there and he was tracing the existing marks with his finger, reports stated.

A search found that the man did not have any writing utensils but was in possession of 7.6 grams of a leafy substance wrapped inside a piece of newspaper in the right cargo pocket of his pants and a red pipe in the left, reports stated.

The man said the paraphernalia did not belong to him, reports stated.

When the officer asked how it got into his pocket, the man responded that when he woke up that morning the pipe had appeared in his pants pocket, reports stated.

A records check then revealed five outstanding warrants from the Marana Police Department, TPD and UAPD for failure to appear in court, reports stated.

A car was broken into between 9 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. at 425 N. Fremont Ave. on June 9, reports stated.

The rear window of the Toyota Camry was smashed in and there was damage to the in-dash CD player from an apparent attempt to pry it out, reports stated.

Two computer speakers estimated at a $20 value were taken from the car, reports stated.

A wet T-shirt with small blood drops was found on the back seat and was sent for DNA testing, reports stated.

The car was found with the doors unlocked, reports stated.

A resident assistant at Yuma Residence Hall, 1107 E. James E. Rogers Way, called UAPD early Saturday morning after two residents told him a window was broken in their ground-level room, reports stated.

The two residents said they had woken up at 2:40 a.m. to the sound of breaking glass, reports stated.

The residents turned on the light and said they did not see anyone when they opened the window blinds, reports stated.

An investigation of the area showed there were river rocks outside of the window on the south side of Yuma Residence Hall.

There were no suspects or witnesses.

A cell phone was reported stolen from the Arizona Stadium stands, 530 N. Vine Ave., reports stated.

A woman reported that her daughter had last seen her cell phone in her bag at about 10:45 a.m. and noticed it was missing when she tried to make a phone call at about 2:10 p.m., reports stated.

The cell phone was a Kyocera flip camera phone with a pink cover displaying hearts and pink rhinestones, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.