“They said, we said”

According to a New York Times/ CBS News poll released yesterday, only 25 percent of respondents approved of “”the way Congress is handling its job”” – the
    lowest percent approving since 1994.
    Here’s how UA students responded to the question “”How do you feel about the way Congress is handling its job?””

Shawn Marks

sophomore majoring in biochemistry and psychology
    I think that they try to do good – in the political sense of the word good – but everything they have done is either failing or useless in the first place.

Sarah Kissel

communication freshman
    I don’t think that there’s enough diversity in Congress, because our nation is a melting pot and we should take the same approach in Congress. We should have a diverse Congress; it should be more representative of the people themselves. Greater effort should be made to educate people on our current political issues.

Andy Hamilton

studio art senior
    I honestly have been so fed up with everything the past couple of years, I don’t even follow anymore. It’s just the same nonsense over and over.

Courtney Croswell

undeclared freshman
    I think that they could be doing a lot better – I know they’re doing the best they say they can with the war, but they could be doing a lot more. If people took the time to listen to each other, things could get done a lot faster.

Geoff Kennedy

aerospace engineering freshman
    I really don’t pay enough attention to Congress to have an opinion, but I think they should be paying more attention to the country than people’s personal opinions.