Four ways to party for the USA in Tucson

Fireworks

What would the Fourth of July be without fireworks? One of the largest fireworks shows in Tucson will take place at 9:15 p.m. above the Tucson “”A”” Mountain — and if you’re affiliated with the UA, you can get the best seats in the house for free. The UA will open up many garages near campus, including Sixth Street, Tyndall Avenue, Main Gate, Park Avenue and Highland Avenue parking garages, for free parking at 6 p.m. on the Fourth. The roof level of each garage will be blocked to traffic and open to spectators. Lawn chairs and pets are allowed, but alcohol, fires and barbecues are prohibited.

Music

Every Fourth of July, the Arts Express Choir and Orchestra presents a musical variety show called “”Let Freedom Sing.”” This year marks their 27th annual performance, and the theme for 2011 is “”United We Stand.”” More than 100 singers, musicians and cast members from the Tucson community will perform classic American songs like “”The Star Spangled Banner,”” “”America the Beautiful”” and more. The event is free, and will take place at 3 p.m. in Centennial Hall. A ticket is required for guaranteed seating, so visit www.arts-express.org for more information.

Sports

Nothing is more American than the patriotic combination of baseball, fireworks and Independence Day. The Tucson Padres will be playing a “”Star Spangled Fireworks Spectacular”” game this Fourth of July against the Reno Aces. The game begins at 7 p.m. at Kino Sports Complex in Kino Stadium at 2500 E. Ajo Way. Afterward, the stadium will host a spectacular fireworks display, and guests will be allowed onto the field to watch the show. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and parking is free. General admission is $6.50. Tickets are on sale at www.tucsonpadres.com.

Charity

If loud fireworks and extravagant shows aren’t your style, use the Fourth of July as an opportunity to support a good cause. The Sabino Cycles Fourth of July Freedom Ride will take place at 6:30 a.m., starting on the east side of the Tucson Convention Center. The 28-mile bike ride will benefit El Grupo Cycling, a non-profit youth cycling team that seeks to empower youth through bike riding. The entry fee is $15 per adult. Call 520-747-2544 for more information.

If you’d rather walk or run than bike, check out the Third Annual Fourth of July Freedom 5-kilometer Run/Walk. Proceeds benefit research for childhood cancer through the Kick Cancer for Stephen Foundation. The run/walk will take place at 6 a.m. at the Golf Links Sports Complex Ramada No. 3 at 2400 S. Craycroft Road. Adult registration is $25. Visit www.taggrun.com for more event information.