Date Book

Wednesday, June 6

• Last day to register. Today is the last day to register for Summer I classes
      for credit.
  • Breakfast with the economists. Care for some Hayek with your ham and eggs? Join Eller College of Management economists Gerald J. Swanson and Marshall J. Vest for a talk about Arizona’s economy at the Doubletree Hotel, 445 S. Alvernon Way. 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. $20 per person.
  • Thursday, June 7

• Modern medicine versus traditional methods. Dr. Robert Saper, an assistant professor at Boston University, will discuss the challenges of integrating modern and traditional systems of medicine in his presentation “”Ayurvedic Medicine: Modern Science Meets Ancient Healing.”” Noon. Free. Arizona Health Sciences Center, Room 8403.

Friday, June 8 – Saturday, June 9

• Three bright planets. There will be a free public viewing of Jupiter, Saturn and Venus from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. As a bonus, you can also see Mercury. Donations requested. Call 621-3646 for more info. Flandrau Science Center, UA Mall.

Sunday, June 10

• Goya exhibit closes. This is your last chance to see a special exhibit of the great Spanish artist Francisco de Goya’s etchings, on loan from Southern Methodist University in Dallas. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Free. UA Museum of Art, Gallagher Gallery.

Monday, June 11

• Doctoral final defense. George Hobor will discuss “”Post-Industrial Pathways: The Economic Reorganization of the Urban Rust Belt.”” Social Sciences building, Room 407A. Call Kathryn Moser at 621-3484 for more info.