Calendar: Tucson and Campus

Wednesday

For The Birds – Although our winged friends can annoy us by pooping, squawking and dying violently on the side of the road, they can occasionally be quite amusing, especially when 26 different artists paint, sculpt and draw them in one exhibition. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. $3 for students. Tohono Chul Park, 7366 N. Paseo del Norte

Thursday

Doveman – Speaking of birds, this five-piece Belle and Sebastian-esque band is coming to Solar Culture. To be honest though, the lead singer looks like he might be missing a few brain cells. We shall call him … Dumbman. 9 p.m. $6. Solar Culture, 31 E. Toole Ave.

Drinking Liberally – If you’re a Democrat and like to drink, this casual gathering of like-minded booze enthusiasts will be for you. If you’re not a Democrat and like to drink, there are always bar fights! 6 p.m. Free. The Shanty, 401 E. Ninth St.

Friday

Meet Wynne Brown – This author of “”Trail Riding Arizona”” has vast experience hiking up and down the scariest mountain trails and desert wastelands in Arizona, but now he faces his most daunting challenge to date: Fourth Avenue. 7 p.m. Free. Antigone Books, 411 N. Fourth Ave.

Saturday

Beck – This guero from Califas is bringing his thuggery to T-town. Let’s hope he leaves his Scientology back home. 8 p.m. $36 to $38. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Sunday

“”The Decoy”” (2006) Sneak Preview – Deputy John Cooper is faced with the task of protecting his best friend, who is also the man accused of killing Cooper’s parents. Together, Cooper and his mute friend must not only avoid those seeking revenge, but also seek justice and the truth. It might be tough, but at least the guy can’t incriminate himself in court … 6:30 p.m. $7.50. Fox Theatre, 17 W. Congress St.

Monday

The Blow, YACHT and Thunder Sundress – Come see these three bands perform at this up-and-coming club/art gallery/music venue. If the bands are boring, just look at the cool graffiti all over the walls. Plus, the place is right next to a tattoo shop, if you enjoy ruining your body forever. $5. 8 p.m. 36 Chambers, 43 S. Sixth Ave.

Tuesday

14th Small Works Invitational – This annual summer event features paintings and sculptures from over 80 local and regional artists. Each selection is no larger than a square foot, or for sculptures, 18 inches high. It’s art for midgets! 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Davis Dominguez Gallery, 154 E. Sixth St.

– Compiled by Andi Berlin