Kidnapping suspect returns for court date

Kumari Fulbright
    Kumari Fulbright

A suspended second-year UA law student appeared in court yesterday with two other individuals and a representative for a fourth individual charged in a kidnapping and torturing of the student’s ex-boyfriend.

Kumari Fulbright, David Radde, Larry Hammond and a representative for Robert Ergonis went before Pima County Superior Court Judge Richard Nichols to set a May 19 date for a second case management hearing.

Fulbright appeared without an attorney because Marc Beginin, from Detroit, is not licensed to practice in Arizona.

She attended the case management hearing with Steve Weiss, a Tucson defense attorney who is considered a candidate for defending Fulbright.

Fulbright said she is meeting with another candidate for her defense. She must have a local attorney chosen by Friday, Nichols said.

Nichols also signed an order for a subpoena of Fulbright’s cell phone records.

An April 7 court date was also set for David Radde to discuss whether he should be released on bond or remain in custody.

Fulbright, Radde, Hammond and Ergonis are suspected of kidnapping, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument, armed robbery and aggravated robbery, according to Pima County Court documents.

Fulbright has an additional charge of aggravated assault with a knife.

Ergonis and Radde have an additional count of aggravated assault with a gun, according to Pima County Court documents.

Fulbright was released on $50,000 bail in December and is living in Dallas as she awaits future court dates.