Shake it off to these Grammy nominees

Courtesy of Jana Zills

Taylor Swift on the Red Tour in 2013.

The Grammy Awards are this Sunday, and the list of nominees boast some of the most memorable and well-written songs from the past year. If you’re in need of some tunes or want to musically prepare yourself for Sunday’s award show, here is a playlist of Grammy-nominated jams to rock your weekend.

“Shake It Off” — Taylor Swift
    If the U.S. had a royal family, Swift would be its princess. Take the woman’s advice and shake off those bad vibes from the school week so you can enjoy your weekend hater-free.

“Fancy” — Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX
    Whether you’re in Los Angeles or Tokyo this weekend, nothing will psyche you up better than this pop hit. Even if you’re fancy and you already know, nothing will boost your confidence before a night out like “Fancy.”

“Turn Down for What” — DJ Snake & Lil Jon
    If a college student goes out to a club or bar during the weekend and “Turn Down for What” isn’t played at least once after midnight, did the college student really go out at all?

“Everything is Awesome!!!” — Tegan and Sara feat. The Lonely Island
    You’ve hit that high point during the night and nothing can bring you down. If you’re feeling awesome, there’s nothing quite like a fun, catchy song to keep the good vibes going.

“Drunk In Love” — Beyoncé feat. Jay Z
    If Taylor Swift is America’s princess, then Jay Z and Beyoncé are the king and queen. If you’re ending the night with that special someone, this song will slow you down just enough to get you in the mood.

“Stay With Me” — Sam Smith
    If your special someone is someone especially cute you happened to bring home last night and you weren’t lucky enough to get it on to Bey and Jay, Smith’s heart-wrenching song may just fit the tone of the morning after.

“The Moon Song” — Karen O
    This raw song from the “Her” soundtrack will soothe you to sleep after an exciting night out or a relaxing evening in. It’s the perfect song for solitude or just someone feeling a million miles away.

“Take Me to Church” — Hozier
    Whether or not worship is part of your plans, Hozier’s deep voice and perceptive lyrics will make you appreciate the lyrical genius and impeccable performances of this year’s Grammy nominees.

_______________

Follow Mia Moran on Twitter.