Police Beat

A man’s convertible was damaged sometime between Friday and Monday while it was parked in Main Gate Parking Garage, 815 E. Second St., reports stated.

The man told police he parked his convertible around 5 p.m. Friday. He said he returned around 7 a.m. Monday to find a tear in the cloth top and a paint scratch on the driver’s side door.

It looked like someone had opened the glove compartment and the trunk of the car. The man said nothing from the car was missing, but said papers he had in the trunk were now disorganized.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A man was driving with a license plate that had expired registration Friday on East Second Street and North Palm Avenue, reports stated.

Police noticed the man around 11:30 p.m. and pulled him over.

The man said he knew the registration was expired and said he had recently gotten a ticket in Marana for the plate.

The man was cited and released.

Police confiscated the Arizona license plate and put it into property for destruction, reports stated.

A parking and transportation employee found a blue mountain bike Friday at Graham-Greenlee Residence Hall, 1418 E. Fourth St., reports stated.

The employee told police he found the bike around noon. He said the bike had a U-lock on it and that it looked like the bike was locked up although it wasn’t.

The front tire on the bike was flat. Police were unable to track down the owner of the bike.

The bike was placed into property for safekeeping, reports stated.

A brown leather briefcase was found Friday afternoon in Park Avenue Parking Garage, 1140 N. Park Ave., reports stated.

Police found the briefcase around 2:30 p.m. There was nothing in the briefcase to identify the owner.

The briefcase was placed into property for safekeeping, reports stated.

A student ran into another student’s parked car Sunday outside of Manzanita-Mohave Residence Hall, reports stated.

The student whose car was hit told police he parked his car around noon and said he came back about four and a half hours later to find the driver’s side door on his car dented and scratched.

The student said the student who hit his car had left a note. He said he and the student had decided to handle the matter civilly, but said he wanted to report the incident, reports stated.

An employee at Arizona Health Sciences Center, 1501 N. Campbell Ave., received harassing phone calls from her ex-boyfriend’s wife between Feb. 6 and Friday, reports stated.

The employee said she dated the man about 11 years ago. She said she had eaten lunch with the man about four years ago and said she had not seen him since.

The employee said on Feb. 6 she got a phone call from the man’s wife. The wife asked the employee questions about her house and her child, reports stated.

The employee said she refused to answer the questions and hung up the phone.

The wife called two other times that day. During the last phone call the wife told the employee, “”Things are going to be escalating quickly, and you need to be sure about your answers,”” reports stated.

The employee said the wife accused her of seeing her husband. The employee said she told the wife to stop calling her.

The wife called the employee again on Feb. 16 and Friday. The employee said she told the wife to quit calling. The wife left two messages on the employee’s voice mail.

In one of the messages, the wife accused the employee of seeing her husband over the past 11 years. The wife asked the employee why she couldn’t find her own man, reports stated.

Police called the wife. The wife said the employee was cheating with her husband and accused the employee of using drugs.

Police told the wife that if she called the employee again the employee would press charges.

The wife said she wouldn’t call anymore, reports stated.

A woman’s checkbook was found Friday afternoon in Second Street Parking Garage, 1340 E. Second St., reports stated.

The checkbook was found around 1:30 p.m.

Police left a message for the woman and put the checkbook into property for safekeeping, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.