“On the Spot: Caroline Bruner, journalism junior”

What is the worst relationship you have ever been in?

Worst relationship I have ever been in? Probably when I was a freshman in high school, just because nobody took anyone seriously back then. So like the boys, I mean he liked other girls so that was hard.

That’s terrible, getting cheated on at a young age.

I mean I was 15 or 14 so …

So that traumatized your future dating experiences?

Yeah, it made trusting people a little more difficult. But I mean, he kind of started it off bad for me.

How do you feel about the dating experience at the UA?

I feel that we are young. We are in college. We are supposed to have fun. And if you are in a serious relationship, then you really need to check yourself and check if that is what you really want because there are only four years you are allowed to do this. Have fun and live it up, but if you are in a relationship that is your choice, but be careful because there are a lot of people here, a lot of influences.

Exactly. There are like 30,000 people here and you think you have one cat in the bag?

Yeah, everyone is still finding out who they are and finding out what they want in life and while you are doing that, you may look for a person but that might be a little difficult here. I mean, we have a lot of fun here and people like to have fun.

In other words, you would definitely choose fun over a serious commitment?

Right now, I’m too young for this. I’m only 20 years old and I feel like I don’t even know who I am yet and for me to go and find someone else ­­— it would be kind of difficult.

You are for sure in the prime of your life. When do you turn 21?

I actually turn 20 in a couple weeks, so I’ll be 21 by next October.

Any big plans for that approaching date?

Well, I mean I asked my dad to rent a plane for me and he said no so … I guess probably just Vegas, which is too generic, or Miami if I’m ballin’ at that point in my life.

Definitely, Miami sounds like the way to go.

If my friends are willing to pay then I am definitely down.