Police Beat

A university employee is prepared to prosecute for threats after an unidentified man verbally abused him Aug. 14, reports stated.

The university employee found the man asleep in the TV lounge in the lower level of the Student Union, 1303 E. University Blvd.

When he told the man that he was not allowed to be in the TV lounge without a CatCard, the man said he was an alumnus and could use the room.

The man then got up and started to approach the UA employee and said, “”I’m going to kick your ass.””

When the employee called police on his cell phone the man exited the room.

Police gave the employee a victim’s rights form when he said he wanted to prosecute the man for the threat.

The case is closed pending further information on the identification of the suspect in the case.

A male BMX rider was cited and released for criminal trespassing at 5:52 p.m. Aug. 12, reports stated.

Two BMX riders were stopped near the Modern Languages building, 1423 E. University Blvd., when an officer reported seeing them “”hot-dogging”” in the area.

One of the males had been flagged for “”hot-dogging”” prior to this account and had been warned about trespassing on university property on three separate occasions.

The man told police that no one was going to take his bike.

The officer who spotted the BMX riders first, said the male had been confrontational and aggressive.

Two UA students were held at gunpoint in an attempted robbery at 2:15 a.m. Aug. 12, reports stated.

The students were leaving a party when they were approached by two men near North Mountain Avenue and East Hampton Street.

The unidentified men were armed with Glock handguns and demanded money from the male and female students.

The male student then tried to give the men 36 cents.

When the men asked for their cell phones, the male student said they did not have any.

The men then ran down an alley.

A friend of the students called police when the two students were back on campus.

The woman was hysterical and could not answer the officer’s questions. The only thing she said was, “”He touched me.””

A student’s bicycle was reported stolen from the bike racks near the Electrical and Computer Engineering building, 1230 E. Speedway Blvd., Aug. 11, reports stated.

The student said the bike was secured to the rack with a U-lock between 4:30 p.m. on Aug. 10 until 3:30 a.m. on Aug. 11.

The owner of the bike did not know the serial number, and the bike had not been registered with Parking and Transportation Services.

There are no suspects or witnesses.

A woman was arrested after she tried to evade the police when drugs and drug paraphernalia were found in the car she was driving Aug. 12, reports stated.

The officer attempted to pull over the woman’s car after she abruptly applied her breaks upon seeing the officer’s marked police car when she was visually over the speed limit.

When the woman pulled over for the police vehicle she stopped for a moment and then started engaging and releasing her brakes before she drove away.

The woman attempted to lose the police vehicle by rolling through a stop sign and turning down alleys.

The officer stayed at a distance in an attempt to avoid agitating the driver and prompting her to increase her speed.

The woman turned into an apartment complex in the 1100 block of East 12th Street.

The officer followed her into the lot and blocked the car with his patrol car.

The driver said she had taken off because she did not want her sister’s car to be towed.

The officer detected the odor of marijuana in the car and found a burnt blunt and loose pieces of marijuana in the open glove box.

Two baggies of powder cocaine, a piece of crack cocaine and some marijuana were found along the evasion route between East 12th Street and East 13th Street on North Santa Rita Avenue. The woman was placed under arrest and taken to the station for a taped interview.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.