UA Street Style yoga pants edition: why these zero-effort pants are seen everywhere

Alyson+Seall%2C+a+pre-nursing+freshman%2C+walks+across+the+UA+Mall+on+Tuesday%2C+Feb.+2.+Seall+is+one+of+the+many+girls+who+wears+leggings+around+campus.+
    Kaite Fletcher
    Alyson Seall, a pre-nursing freshman, walks across the UA Mall on Tuesday, Feb. 2. Seall is one of the many girls who wears leggings around campus.

Yoga pants and leggings are not just for the avid yogi anymore.

Girls all around campus have been wearing these clothing items and they have been trending ever since we got back to campus from break.

Whether you’re rocking a pair by Lululemon or Old Navy, going out on campus will ultimately be comfy.

Getting gear to match your New Year’s resolution—that may or may not be still going strong—can be essential for looking your best and being motivated for those grueling sweat sessions at the gym. On the other hand, it is also super easy and nice to throw on a work out top and comfy bottoms for class.

“I have a ton of pairs of yoga pants,” said Lauren Wolfe, a gender and women’s studies junior. “Whether I wear them to the gym or not that’s another thing. … They’re just so comfy that sometimes I’ll just put a cute shirt over a pair and head to class. Yoga pants are just super easy.”

While some people wear active bottoms like yoga pants and leggings for comfort, some people are just trying to continue their New Year’s resolution.

“My typical workout clothes have to include leggings,” said Lena Yavrouian, a psychology sophomore. “I bought a ton of cute new leggings over winter break and I feel like they motivate me. Sometimes I switch it up when it gets a little warmer and wear a pair of shorts, but for the most part, I wear leggings.”

Whether you’re going to the gym or not, leggings can be a great addition to a sporty outfit. They can be worn to the gym and then afterward while studying.

“I love how interchangeable yoga pants can be,” said Alexa Adams, a psychology freshmen. “Usually I’ll put a pair on after I come home from classes, then I’ll go to the gym and then after I’ll go study. I honestly have too many pairs.”

Yoga pants or leggings seem to be an essential item. If you want a comfy pair of pants that you can wear while working out or just hanging out, they are your go-to pants.

Follow Erica Szpylczyn on Twitter.