Who, What, Wear

Amy Johnson

Amy Johnson/The Daily Wildcat

Hannah Read, retailing and consumer sciences senior

Who is your style icon and why?

I don’t think I fit into one category, I just wear what I like and it fits into so many different genres. I can wear something sporty, I can wear something chic, I can wear something street, and it’s just because I like those things. I don’t think I have a closet full of one specific thing. If I like it and it’s comfortable and it’s worth buying, then I’m going to buy it and I’m going to wear it.

What fall trend are you gearing up to try this season or ready to finally break out of your closet?

It’s kind of an older trend that I never jumped on when I should’ve, but I love those faux fur vests and I’ve never been able to bring myself to buy one. So I haven’t done that. But I also really just love the leather that’s coming out this fall – it’s huge.

How would you describe your style?

I guess my style is – I don’t know, I don’t want to be cliché, but my style is my own. I really think I don’t fit into one category, I just wear what I want because I like how it looks, I think it looks good on me. I wouldn’t wear something that I didn’t feel comfortable in, and so I just wear what I want.

Can you tell me a little bit about what you’re wearing?

My shoes are Steve Madden’s. … My pants, ironically enough, are from Forever 21. I didn’t want to pay a lot for camo pants. They have a weird waist, so I always hide them. They don’t fit me perfectly – it’s hard to find things that will fit me especially in the bottom side, I have long legs. So it’s odd, but I try to hide it. But my shirt actually came from Creations Boutique and I love to support local boutiques. That’s a big thing for me.

Christina Pappalardo, retailing and consumer sciences senior

Who is your style icon and why?

As far as style icons or people I follow really closely, I would say Audrey Hepburn, so I try to incorporate a lot of black and just kind of like that era of style, but also Jackie O. I like to have that similar feel. I love both of them, their big hats or their mod look and the sunglasses. And then, this is kind of goofy, but I love “Gossip Girl.” I’ll just watch it to see what they’re wearing.

What fall trend are you gearing to try this season or ready to finally break out of your closet?

I’m not sure how it’s going to look because I’m really short, but I want to try combat boots. I haven’t tried it yet, so we’ll see. I’m probably going to need shorter length ones because sometimes they’ll eat up my legs. I’ve kind of done it before, but I love trench coats. It’s such like, a staple item I guess for the fall and winter, but I just love them. So that’s something I definitely want to break out.

How would you describe your style?

I lean to be more classic, so sometimes I definitely want to be like, on top of trends, but if some things are almost too trendy and I know they’re going to turn over too quickly, then I won’t get into them because my style relies so much on things that are kind of, like, truly me and will last for seasons.

I am in love with my jumper. This was actually only $10. I love finding deals, it’s one of my things. So I’m not so much about brands, so if I see something and I love it, it fits then I’ll get it. So this is actually from Macy’s, believe it or not. This [belt] is from Francesca’s … the shoes are Steve Madden’s. And I loved this jumper because, with my height, I don’t normally fit into these.