Arts briefs

John Legend will perform at the Tucson Music Hall on Sept. 20. Photo courtesy of Nederlander Concerts.

‘Legend’-ary concert coming to Tucson
    John Legend is set to bring his soulful singing and piano playing to the Tucson Music Hall on Sept. 20. The six-time Grammy award winner and multi-platinum recording artist is promoting his newest album Evolver, his first full-length studio album in two years featuring collaborations with artists such as Andre 3000, Estelle and Kanye West. Joining Legend on this leg of the tour will be special guest Laura Izibor, a soulful, piano-playing singer-songwriter and producer at the mere age of 20. Tickets are already on sale and range from $40-$67. For more information, check out www.johnlegend.com or call the TMH at 791-4101.

‘Thrash and Burn’ your way to sweet prizes
    Kicking off July 24 is the “”Thrash and Burn Tour,”” featuring DevilDriver, Emmure, Despised Icon, and more. Accompanying the tour is the “”Twit and Burn”” contest, a week-to-week scavenger hunt in which fans can win prizes of epic proportions all because they took the time to solve the clues laid out for them on YouTube. Prizes include free tickets to VIP treatment. The concert’s fourth stop is at The Rialto Theatre on July 27. For details about the concert and the contest, check out www.whatisthrashandburn.com.

KFC + fashion = $$$
    KFC’s “”Chari-T”” contest allows anyone from up-and-coming fashion designers to poor college students to design t-shirts. The top three shirt designs will be featured online for America to buy. Proceeds benefit KFC Colonel’s Scholars©, a charity providing students nationwide with much-needed scholarships. The top three winners get Kentucky Grilled Chicken for a year in the form of gift checks, while the top design winner will win a trip to New York City in February 2010 as well as $1000 to start their own fashion line. To enter or find more information, visit www.KFC.com. The top 12 designs will be selected by KFC on July 13 and then it will be up to America to vote on their top three favorites.