Police Beat

Two men were arrested for concealing a weapon and having an open container of alcohol in a vehicle Feb. 2, reports stated.

Police stopped the car the men were traveling in at North Campbell Avenue and East Seventh Street because the car had a warrant associated with it.

Police saw the passenger pour liquid from the vehicle. Police asked both men to exit the vehicle.

The driver allowed police to search him and they found a gun loader and bullets in his front pocket. Police also found a gun under the passenger seat.

The driver told police that the gun belonged to the passenger. He later admitted that the gun was actually his.

An open bottle containing “”gin and juice”” was also in the car.

The driver had two misdemeanor warrants from the Tucson Police Department. Both men were booked into Pima County Jail.

A student received threatening text messages from another student Jan. 2, reports stated.

A student told police she began receiving the messages after meeting with the other student, who was the sister of her roommate’s girlfriend.

A police officer saw the messages. The student sent messages that called the other student “”a whore”” and wrote that she was going to “”find her tonight”” and “”she had it coming.””

The officer told the student to ask the other to stop contacting her, but she received another message after her request that stated she “”was coming after her tonight.””

The officer called the student who was leaving the threatening messages. She told the officer that she left the messages out of anger and said she would not contact the student again.

A student was cited for shoplifting at the Cactus Grill in the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., Feb. 2, reports stated.

An employee saw the student eat a cinnamon roll while he was waiting in line for food service. When he went to pay for his food, he did not tell the cashier he had eaten the roll.

The employee stopped him and said she had seen him take the roll and eat it. He said, “”So what? You jack up the prices anyway.””

The student told police he did not intend to pay for the roll and he knew it was theft. He was cited and released.

A student was cited for underage drinking after flagging down a police officer Feb. 2, reports stated.

The student stood in the middle of East Second Street facing westbound when a police officer traveling eastbound on Second Street past North Mountain Avenue saw her waving her arms in the air.

The student had an odor of alcohol on her breath, had slurred speech and was unsteady on her feet. She told the officer she flagged down the patrol car because she thought it was her friend driving.

She said she had a “”couple shots”” that night at a date dash but would not tell the officer where the party took place.

A student’s vehicle was shot at while parked in front of Sky View Apartments, 1050 E. Eighth St., Feb. 1, reports stated.

Three students told police they had heard a single gunshot around 10 p.m. at the complex.

One student told police he saw a dark-colored sedan drive away quickly from the area without any headlights on.

A bullet entered the student’s vehicle through a rear window and traveled through the middle seat and CD player in the center console. No one was in the vehicle at the time of the shooting.

The student told police he did not want them to retrieve the bullet from the car for evidence.

Two men were arrested, one for possession of marijuana and one for possession of drug paraphernalia, Feb. 2, reports stated.

Police stopped the car the men were in at East Speedway Boulevard and North Norris Avenue because it had expired registration.

Police smelled burnt marijuana from the car. The passenger showed police a plastic bag containing marijuana that was in his pocket.

Police also found a metal pipe with marijuana residue next to the driver’s seat. The driver told police it was his.

Both men were cited and released.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu