Date Book

Campus Events

• Presidential welcome. Join the rest of the UA community as we celebrate the arrival of
      President Robert Shelton and his wife, Adrian. 4 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, North
      Ballroom
  • Interfraternity Council Fall Rush 2006. Interested in joining Greek life? Come check out the rush information tables today. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Alumni Plaza
  • Women in Science Panel. Everyone is
    welcome to attend the Women in Science Panel, a panel of UA faculty that will discuss issues related to women in science. 4 p.m. Life Sciences South building, Room 440
  • Weekly writing workshop. Victoria Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss “”Getting Started: The Process of Writing and Overcoming Writer’s Block”” as part of a free semester-long series of workshops. 5 p.m. Modern Languages building, Room 410
  • Educational music session. Steven Schick, the world’s foremost percussion virtuoso specializing in contemporary multiple percussion performance, will be giving a free, public session titled “”Bone Alphabet: The Case for Complexity.”” 11 a.m. School of Music building, Room 170
  • Doctoral final oral defense. Chris Orton will defend his pharmacology and toxicology
    dissertation, “”Analysis of Protein Adduction
    Kinetics and the Effects of Protein Adduction on C-Jun N-Terminal Kinase Signaling.”” 10 a.m. College of Pharmacy building, Room 107
  • Club fair. Got a need for speed? Come check out the Formula Society of Arizona
    Engineers Racing club. 10 a.m. UA Mall

Entertainment

• Free Tourney Monday. It’s Monday, which means only one thing. Enjoy free tournaments in Wilbur’s Underground every Monday night. 5 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Games Room