Police Beat

A student was cited and released for underage drinking at 1:24 a.m. Oct. 1 after he was seen running after vehicles outside of Villa Del Puente Residence Hall, 575 N. Highland Ave., reports stated.

A resident assistant told police the student was chasing vehicles on North Highland Avenue and yelling at the occupants.

The student was also seen running up to people and yelling at them.

The RA told police she thought the student was intoxicated and was worried he might hurt himself running in the street.

Police spoke with the student, who had slurred speech and bloodshot eyes. There was a strong odor of alcohol coming from the student’s mouth.

Police asked the student if he had been drinking and the student said, “”I had a few drinks.””

Police asked the student why he was chasing vehicles, and the student said at 12:05 a.m. he had let a man in a wheelchair use his $400 cellular phone but later realized the phone was gone.

The student became upset and began chasing vehicles trying to find anyone who knew the man in the wheelchair.

Police escorted the student back to his room and released him.

Two students were referred to the Dean of Students Office on Sept. 30 after they admitted to smoking marijuana inside the Sky View Apartments, 1050 E. Eighth St., reports stated.

Police responded to the apartments at 11 p.m. to assist medics with a student complaining of chest pain.

The student told police he had smoked marijuana for the first time at approximately 10:30 p.m. and was experiencing a burning sensation in his chest area.

The student also complained about having trouble breathing.

Medics concluded the student’s heart rate was unusually high and suggested he be transported to the University Medical Center, 1606 E. Lester St.

Police overheard a medic say the student’s symptoms were similar to someone who had smoked marijuana laced with cocaine.

The student told police he had smoked a joint with three other males in the wash south of the apartments but later admitted he had smoked inside one of the male’s rooms while watching a movie.

The student said one of the males lived on the same floor as him and directed police to the room, reports stated.

The student was unaware if anyone else had had similar reactions to the marijuana.

Police asked the student if he was ever going to smoke again and the student said, “”No.””

Police met with the resident of the room the student had pointed to and the resident admitted to smoking marijuana.

The resident said no one else had had a bad reaction to the marijuana.

No drugs or drug paraphernalia were found in the resident’s room.

A student’s $500 turquoise bicycle and cable lock were stolen some time Oct. 1 from the racks outside of the James E. Rogers College of Law building, 1201 E. Speedway Blvd., reports stated.

The student told police he had locked his bicycle to the northwest racks at 4:20 p.m., and when he returned at 4:45 p.m., the bicycle and lock were gone.

The bicycle was not registered with Parking and Transportation Services, and the student was unable to provide a serial number.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A man was cited and released at 8:12 p.m. Oct. 1 after he was seen “”hot-dogging”” on the south side of the Olive Tunnel, 1095 E. Speedway Blvd., reports stated.

Police were parked on top of the Park Avenue Garage, 1140 N. Park Ave., when they saw four subjects on bicycles doing tricks and “”hot-dogging”” along a cement wall.

Police followed the subjects and stopped them near East Helen Street and North Mountain Avenue.

A record check showed one of the subjects had been previously warned for “”hot-dogging”” on campus.

The man was cited and his bicycle was impounded by police.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.