PoliceBeat

A student was cited and released for underage drinking at 2:01 a.m. Sept. 29 after he was found passed out on the floor of La Paz Residence Hall, 602 N. Highland Ave., reports stated.

Police found the student lying on the floor in front of his room, reports stated. There was a puddle of vomit next to him.

The student told medics he had been drinking beer and vodka but had had too many drinks to count.

Medics asked the student if he wanted to go the hospital but he refused and said he was OK to stay in the room, reports stated.

The student’s roommate told medics he would watch over the student to make sure he was OK for the rest of the night.

The student told police he had drank at a fraternity party and said he was never asked for any identification.

The student said he was provided beer and vodka even though he was under the age of 21, reports stated.

At 2:27 a.m. the student told police he wanted to speak with an attorney and police stopped questioning him.

The incident was forwarded to the Dean of Students because the fraternity had provided the student alcohol, reports stated.

Four students were referred to the Dean of Students at 2:19 a.m. Sept. 29 after they were seen throwing water balloons from their vehicle, reports stated.

Police stopped the vehicle near North Mountain Avenue and East Speedway Boulevard, reports stated.

Police told the driver his vehicle matched the description of a vehicle seen throwing water balloons that struck several people on campus earlier in the night.

The driver told police he didn’t want to lie and said his passengers had thrown about 10 water balloons in a couple of different locations on campus.

Police found five water balloons behind the passenger seat, reports stated.

Several of the victims were contacted but no one wanted to press charges, reports stated.

Police told the students they would be referred to the dean and the students said they understood and were sorry.

A student was cited and released for underage drinking at 3:08 a.m. Sept. 29 after he was found trying to enter the University Medical Center, 1606 E. Lester St., reports stated.

Police met with security officers who said the student kept trying to get into the UMC through different doors after being told several times to leave, reports stated.

The student had been seen yelling and screaming at the UMC.

Police spoke with the student and could smell a strong odor of alcohol coming from his breath, reports stated.

The student told police he was 19 years old and was coming from a house party on North Fremont Avenue and was trying to get home to Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., reports stated.

Police read the student his Miranda rights, but the student kept saying he didn’t understand his rights because he didn’t know why the officer was reading them, reports stated.

After further explanation, the student said he understood and would answer questions.

The student said he thought he started drinking at 1 a.m. but wasn’t sure, reports stated.

The student told police he had consumed about nine shots of vodka, which had been served to him by a young man at the house.

Police transported the student to Coronado, reports stated.

A student’s red scooter was damaged sometime between Sept. 28 and Sept. 29 while it was parked in front of the Martin Luther King Jr. Student Center, 1322 E. First St., reports stated.

The student told police he had parked his scooter at 7:50 p.m. Sept. 28 and when he returned at 5:45 a.m. Sept. 29 he found the scooter on its right side.

There were scratches on the scooter’s right side, a small crack in the plastic windshield and the plastic molding on the left side had come apart, reports stated.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A man was cited and released for criminal trespassing at 11:44 p.m. Sept. 29 after he was found sleeping in the game room of the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

An employee told police he had woke the man and asked him to leave but the man refused.

Police woke the man up and asked him if he knew he wasn’t supposed to be in there, reports stated. The man said, “”Yeah, I know.””

Police watched the man as he walked off campus, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.