Date Book

MALL EVENTS

Eating disorder recovery showcase. An upbeat event with information for people who feel that they or their loved ones might have an issue with food addictions such as anorexia, bulimia and overeating. There will be people in recovery, information tables, a body-image artwork display, an original live skit and music. 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free. UA Mall, main stage

LECTURES

Origins lecture. Claude Swanson, author of “”The Synchronized Universe,”” discusses his proposed new theory to explain the dramatic breakthroughs in science leading to a deeper understanding of who we are and why we are here. 6:30 p.m. Free. Center for Creative Photography, Auditorium

Sleep lecture. Elaine T. Bailey will discuss the results of a nationwide longitudinal study of sleep disturbance following Sept. 11, 2001. 9 a.m. Free. Psychology building, Room 240

Technology lecture. Barb Hoffman from the Office of Student Computing Resources will discuss information technology and whether the cultural divide is expanding or being bridged. Noon to 1 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Gallagher Theater

WORKSHOPS

Writing workshop. Victoria Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss grammar and punctuation. 4 p.m. Free. Psychology building, Room 205