For the fall season, try these colors on for size

Press Photo
    Press Photo

Typically, fall brings tones of burnt orange and dark olive — but this fall the fashionable colors are close relatives of this spring’s popular colors.

Thanks to Pantone’s color trend report for fall, we can expect colors like chartreuse, light pink, and lavender tones this season. Luckily, Arizona is where these colors are generally accepted year-round.
    Another color trend that seems right for the season is the combination of blue and black in multiple designer collections. These colors showed up in Chanel, Stella McCartney and Marc Jacobs clothing lines. Black and blue seemed to be paired most with military styled clothing, which is also very big this fall/winter season.

While always seemingly very popular during fall, burgundy isn’t just for clothing now — try this tone as a lip shade. Because it’s so vibrant, pair the lip shade with very little eye make up and this will draw focus to your lips. Other shades of red are quite in demand for garments this season as well, so feel free to experiment with every tone of red, from dark burgundy to light cherry.

Something that was typically deemed a “fashion faux pas” previously is absolutely not this winter — the color white is here to stay. Harper’s Bazaar even claims that after Labor Day we can still wear white, and an even bigger surprise, we can wear white all over, for both bottoms and tops.

For those strapping men this year, one of the most sultry and cool colors is the color panel of dark and midnight blues. For fall, these blues are considered to be the new black for men. This specific color trend seems to be most relevant when it comes to overcoats, meaning that blazers, peacoats and jackets are all the rage in these tones.

Fashion is all about the art of experimentation, so don’t be afraid to wear conventional clothing with colors that make your personal fashion statement. So this season, get out there and sport your chartreuse dress or lavender cardigan, and don’t be afraid to rock a dark blue peacoat.

Follow us on Twitter @wildcatarts and follow Alexandra @alex82492