Police Beat

A woman was cited for driving with a suspended license and no insurance and displaying suspended plates at North Campbell Avenue and East Eighth Street at 2:29 a.m. Dec. 24, reports stated.

The woman said she knew her plates were suspended and that she didn’t have insurance.

“”I drove because I took my baby to the hospital,”” she said.

The woman was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.

A man was arrested for two outstanding felony warrants at 11:37 p.m. Dec. 25, reports stated.

A police officer noticed the man riding a bicycle heading east on East Helen Street from North Park Avenue without a lamp or reflectors.

The man sped away on his bike when the officer followed him between the James E. Rogers College of Law, 1201 E. Speedway Blvd., and McClelland Hall, 1130 E. Helen St., where he left his bike.

The man ran down the stairs near the McClelland Hall patio area, and the officer followed him to the Olive Road Tunnel.

The man turned back when he saw another officer at the other end of the tunnel and got onto the ground.

Police found a mini flashlight and a pair of wire cutters in his pocket. He said the bicycle belonged to his friend and he had the wire cutters “”to fix the bicycle.””

He was booked into Pima County Jail for two outstanding felony warrants.

A man was cited for criminal speeding Dec. 25 at East Speedway Boulevard near North Mountain Avenue, reports stated.

Police found the man traveling 53 mph in a 30 mph zone.

The man was driving a car with expired registration and expired license plates and had no insurance.

The man said he had “”got insurance on the Internet”” and had the papers at home. He told the officer he had been speeding because he had just gotten the brakes on his car fixed.

Two switch boxes were found vandalized at the Alpha Chi Omega sorority house, 1775 E. First St., around 9:30 a.m. Dec. 26, reports stated.

The switch boxes had been pulled from a brick wall on the north side of the house and an electrical conduit was bent. No items were reported missing.

The woman who reported the vandalism said she believed it was related to another act of vandalism that occurred Dec. 13.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A man was arrested for driving under the influence on East Sixth Street near North Tyndall Avenue at 1:42 a.m. Dec. 27, reports stated.

A police officer noticed the man did not stop at the four-way stop at East University Boulevard and North Park Avenue.

The driver told the officer he had had “”nothing”” to drink that night, but he fell over several times during a walk-and-turn test, and an assisting officer had to catch him.

The man asked, “”Can I go home now?”” when the officer read him his Miranda rights. His blood alcohol content was .342.

The man’s vehicle was impounded, and he was booked into Pima County Jail.

Two students were cited for underage drinking at McKale Center, 1721 E. Enke Drive, at 5:21 p.m. Dec. 28, reports stated. One student was cited and released, and the other was booked into Pima County Jail.

McKale Center staff notified police of two disorderly males who refused to sit in their purchased seats.

When officers arrived, both men were loud and belligerent and refused to provide identification.

Both men had red, watery eyes, and their breath smelled like alcohol.

The men went outside and when the officer asked for ID, one man became angry, shouting profanities and anti-police slurs, reports stated.

The officer then placed the man in handcuffs. The man told the officer that his ID was in his back pocket.

The officer found a Pima Community College ID and driver’s license. The man continued yelling and tried to pull away from the officer.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu