ASU’s Bolden says Devils will win

Looks like ASU’s 2-6 start isn’t holding back the confidence of its team members, especially after rattling off three straight wins to get the Sun Devils back into the bowl picture.

Needing a win in the Duel in the Desert – both Arizona and ASU’s season finale at Arizona Stadium on Saturday – ASU cornerback Omar Bolden isn’t too concerned with the Sun Devils’ chances of leaving Arizona Stadium with a win.

“”We just going to eat until our stomachs is full coming out of our jerseys,”” Bolden said. “”We going to walk away with a ‘W’ with that territorial … what is it? Territorial Cup?

“”We’re going to walk away with it,”” Bolden added. “”We can get hit in the head with some bottles for all I care. But we’re going to come out there with a ‘W.’ I know that.””

Arizona has been in the same position in the past two years in terms of needing a win over the Sun Devils to participate in the postseason, but lost both times.

This season, the Wildcats have already solidified their spot in a bowl game, but members of the team said they’ll play with a chip on their shoulder Saturday in order to knock the Sun Devils out of bowl contention – like ASU has done to Arizona in the past two seasons.

UA wide receiver Delashaun Dean wasn’t taken back at all with what the Sun Devils corner had to say.

“”It is what it is. We are just going to come out and do what we got to do. We don’t want to get caught up in too much of that,”” Dean said of Bolden’s comments. “”We are going to show them on Saturday. That’s all we are going to do. We are going to talk with our pads and let the game be the game.””