Wings Over Broadway dishes out great specials

Good chicken wings might be one of the most difficult things in Tucson to find, but Wings Over Broadway consistently serves up good food at low prices.

Many places offer decent wings, but very few have plates you can eat endlessly without thinking about it. Wings Over Broadway falls into the latter group.

Though it’s pretty far east of campus, Wings Over Broadway and its 13 quality wing flavors make for a great time on any occasion.

Monday Night Madness specials offer a cheeseburger, fries and beer for $6.50 with $2 pints and $3 one-fourth-pound big dogs. Monday through Friday happy hour from 3 to 6 p.m. offers even more beer specials and $1 off wings and appetizers.

Of particular note are the dine-in “30 Cent Wing Tuesday Nights,” when all wings are 30 cents each with purchase of a drink. The wings come in rounds, with a choice of up to two flavors and a sauce. It’s a wicked deal, primarily because these wings are hearty and their flavors bold. Wings Over Broadway fills up quickly on Tuesday nights, with families and poor college students cramming together at small tables and huddling around heaping plates and bone buckets.

Despite its name, Wings Over Broadway also serves other dishes — though any good patron better at least get a few wings on top of their order if they want to avoid being stared at.

Typical fare ranges from a $3 order of fries to the $7.29 teriyaki burger, so the prices are affordable even on a limited budget. Also, the friendly staff and barebones inside give Wings Over Broadway a very hole-in-the-wall feel, and any Tucson native knows that can only be a good thing.

For an affordable night out in a cozy enough place to chat with friends or family, Wings Over Broadway might be the perfect diversion. Its varied menu can satisfy even those picky enough to reject all 13 of their fantastic wing flavors, and if all else fails, there’s always a big-screen TV to watch.