A frozen treat to meet any taste

As the temperature increases, nothing beats a popsicle. Local entrepreneur Gus Coliadis is bringing a new addition to the food truck frenzy with unique flavors in his homemade treats.

On an orange bike on the southeast corner of Stone Avenue and Pennington Street, Coliadis sets up his stand Wednesday through Friday. He sells hand-crafted popsicles with flavors like spicy chocolate cinnamon, pineapple jalapeno and hibiscus ginger with mango.

Coliadis opened last November and has since developed 40 different flavors. So far, he has crafted over 2000 popsicles.

“I start thinking about flavor combinations that I like and I try matching some up and see what works and what doesn’t,” said Coliadis. To make sure the flavor works for the public, he tries out the flavors on a small group of people he knows and then perfects the recipe before debuting it, he said.

With two types of popsicles, cream and fruit base, Coliadis explained that it takes about three hours to make a batch of 100 popsicles.

Christy Richmond, a customer who first tried Cyclopsicle at the Tucson Food Truck Roundup, said she chose the pineapple jalapeno because she was intrigued by the flavor combination of sweet fruit and spicy.

“(Cyclopsicle) flavors offer something for the adventurous and can still cater to those with picky tastes. They focus on one product, so it is done right,” said Richmond.

Debbi Wainwright said she enjoyed trying the variety of different flavors, like mango dipped in chipotle chocolate and the strawberry thyme.

“They never disappoint,” said Wainwright. “I can’t afford the fancy gastro-molecular restaurants I see on the food channels, but Cyclopsicle gives a good experience with layers of sensations and flavors.”

With popsicles ranging from $2 to $4, it makes these sweet treats even more enticing for patrons.

“I think I have a quality product and a lot of people appreciate that,” said Coliadis.

To stay updated with all the latest Cyclopsicle news and where to find it, like Cyclopsicle on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cyclopsicle/141029585997262.