Police Beat

A woman was cited and released for underage drinking at 12:30 a.m. Oct. 15, reports stated.

A police officer responded to a noise complaint near University Boulevard and North First Avenue and observed the female talking on her cell phone.

The officer overhead the woman say, “”There’s a fucking asshole cop walking by me,”” in a slurred voice as he approached.

The officer observed that the woman’s eyes were bloodshot, and a strong odor of alcohol was on her breath.

The woman was confirmed to be under 21.

“”Yeah, I’ve been drinking,”” she said to the officer. “”I guess you never had a fucking life when you were 20.””

A man was arrested for underage drinking at 1:02 a.m. Oct. 16, reports stated.

An officer was patrolling a parking lot when he saw a man ride a motor scooter through the lot and park next to Zachary’s Pizza, 1028 E. Sixth St.

The man threw three objects onto the roof of the restaurant as he walked to the side of the building, then he entered through the front door.

The officer met the man as he exited the building.

The man told police that he was the restaurant’s night manager. A moderate odor of intoxication was on his breath.

A records check showed that the man was under 21 and had an outstanding warrant for a minor in possession charge.

Police searched the man’s backpack and found 12 unopened 12-ounce bottles of beer inside.

The man said that he came back to the restaurant after work to steal beer, and he admitted he drank two beers at home before the incident.

He said he had gotten into trouble with his boss the previous night because he did not break down boxes.

The three objects the man threw onto the building’s roof turned out to be cardboard boxes.

The man told police he threw them there to dispose of them so he would not get in trouble again.

Police called the owner of Zachary’s Pizza, who confirmed the man was his night manager.

The owner decided not to press charges, but the man was taken into custody for the warrant and his underage drinking. Police returned the stolen beer.

Police found graffiti tags on five fraternity and sorority houses and on four other buildings on campus after they responded to a call from a Pi Beta Phi sorority member Oct. 16, reports stated.

The sorority member said she was sitting on a couch in Pi Beta Phi sorority house at 4:22 a.m., 1035 N. Mountain Ave., when she looked up through a window to see two females wearing gray shirts and beanies outside.

When the two females were spotted, they immediately fled south on Mountain Avenue.

Before contacting police, the Pi Beta Phi member tried to contact her sorority’s president, so police were alerted to the activity about 10 to 15 minutes after the incident.

Police observed four tags on the Pi Beta Phi property, but they also discovered tags on Delta Gamma sorority house, Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house, Alpha Phi sorority house, Kappa Alpha Theta sorority house, Pima Residence Hall, the Second Street Parking Garage, the Beal Center and the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Student Center.

No empty paint cans or other evidence were found.

A student reported that she witnessed a bike theft at the bike racks south of Navajo-Pinal Residence Hall, 1557 E. Sixth St., at 10:25 p.m. Oct. 16, reports stated.

A man bent over a bike for a few seconds and then rode it east on Sixth Street, the student said.

The woman walked to where the bike had been parked and saw a cut cable lock on the ground.

She said that the man was about 5-foot-5, in his early 30s and had a shaved head.

Reports state the bike’s owner has not yet been found.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.