4 basic and not-so basic campus study spots

Eric Bailey
    Startup Stock Photos

Bored of always studying at the library and need a new place to be productive? Remember, changing where you study can help with retention. With that in mind, here are some great places on campus to get your work done.

Top floors of the Gould-Simpson building

Fully constructed in 1985, the Gould-Simpson building has 10 floors and is one of the tallest buildings at the UA. With an elevator ride to the top floors of the building, students can get a breathtaking view of the campus and the mountain backdrop. Although it houses the department of geosciences and the department of computer science, many UA students—both undergrads and graduate students go to the top floors where there are seats— available to enjoy the view and study.

Environment and Natural Resources 2 (ENR2) building

The newly constructed ENR2 building is intended to look like a slot canyon commonly found in the Southwest. The building represents the UA’s commitment to better understanding climate change, wildlife and land conservation, energy and water resources. There are benches for studying and there is even the Slot Canyon Cafe where students can study or grab something to eat .

“I enjoy how [the ENR2s] slot canyon combines the outside aspect of Tucson with it’s beautiful views of the mountains and desert-like terrain,” said Alexa Wong, an ecology and evolutionary biology senior.

Starbucks on University Boulevard

For those who like studying inside a coffee shop, the Starbucks on University Boulevard offers places for students to work inside. Students can also use the chairs and tables outside for group projects and studying.This Starbucks location is slightly more spacious compared to the Main Library location, so some students may find it easier to be productive.

“I love the atmosphere here. It’s really nice and inviting and the staff is amazing,” said Tianna Urrea, a elementary education senior. “It’s a great space to be if you want a relaxed environment to get some work done with the benefits of a barista right at your fingertips.”

Behind the Modern Languages building

This site is one of the least busiest areas of the entire UA campus.

This is a great spot for quick, last minute cramming for an exam or finishing up an assignment. It’s a more peaceful part of campus as well so it serves as a great place to relax from the busy day.

Follow The Daily Wildcat on Twitter.