Posh Boutique showed high-end styles at Tucson Fashion Week

Amanda Delgado

Fashion is a fun way to express yourself, but it can be pricey. Purses can cost more than your rent check and jewelry can rival the cost of a used car — it’s no wonder outlandish prices deter people from getting involved in the high-end fashion scene. That’s where Posh Boutique comes in.

Posh Boutique is a high-end designer consignment store located east of the UA. The store features products from dozens of notable designers including Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Prada, Tory Burch and Tom Ford, and all products are in new or like-new condition.

Since most of the items in the store have been used before, or “preloved” as the Posh Boutique website calls it, huge discounts are the norm in the independently owned store.

“I have such amazing merchandise in the store I don’t know where to begin,” said Posh Boutique owner Haley Ochoa. “We have a Louis Vuitton Monogram Speedy for $399 — a new one retails for $950 — and lots and lots of jeans around $50 that retail $150 and above.”

Ochoa originally opened the store in 2003 as a regular retail store for high-end fashion. After closing in 2008, Posh Boutique reopened as a resale store in March of 2012 and has been providing the Tucson fashion community with discounted couture ever since.

“My original plan for the store was as a pop up shop for a few weeks to sell my own high-end items,” Ochoa said. “I didn’t know if anyone would shop or bring things for me to sell, so I never expected to be in business four years later and with more than 600 consigners.”

Posh Boutique provided accessories for the Tucson Ladies Council Maison De Mode show at this year’s Tucson Fashion Week. The event was a multi-venue experience involving art, food and fashion to benefit the Southern Arizona Children’s Advocacy Center.

Posh Boutique will be featured during the fashion show segment at the Carriage House. TFW co-owner and creative director Paula Taylor will be visiting the boutique before the show to decide which of Posh’s items will be featured on the runway, and Ochoa is looking forward to the show.

“I love TFW and have been involved in it for a number of years,” Ochoa said. “I am thrilled to be asked each and every time.”

Follow Victoria Pereira on Twitter.