Why you might be seeing more fans at Arizona football games

Nathanial Stenchever

The University of Arizona mascot Wilbur poses with a fan during the Wildcat Walk on the UA Mall on Oct. 1. The Wildcats walk from the UA Mall to their locker room before every home football game. 

The Rise With Us-2 Game Plan was an idea birthed by Arizona Athletics hoping to give students, faculty, staff, community members and Wildcat football fans more opportunities to cheer on the Arizona football team at their home games. 

The plan allows fans to choose from one of the following three games: University of Oregon, USC or ASU, and then from one of the following two games: University of Colorado Boulder or Washington State University. 

“The plan is a great option for fans that can’t commit to a full season but want to ensure they get to see a premium opponent at a great price,” said Associate Director of External Relations and Revenue Generation for Arizona Athletics Christopher Celona. 

“This new plan has been very well received by the Tucson community,” Celona said. “We are constantly evaluating ticketing options that make sense for our fans.”

The two games chosen are sold for a set price of your choice based on the five payment options provided: Value Area, EC Area, E Area, East 101-109, and West D. 

The Value Area is the least expensive option at $25, and West D is the most expensive option at $90. There is an $8 mobile delivery order charge, and tickets are sent to the email you provide upon purchase. iPhone users can add them to their Apple Pay Wallet and Samsung users to their Google Pay account. 

This new plan applies to the final five home football games held at Arizona Stadium: Colorado on Oct. 1, Oregon on Oct. 8, USC on Oct. 29, Washington State on Nov. 29, and ASU on Nov. 25. 

“Response has been very positive so far, and we are looking forward to continuing to build the excitement around Arizona Football and our gameday experience,” Celona said.

The team has three away games remaining – against the University of Washington on Oct. 15, University of Utah on Nov. 5 and UCLA on Nov. 12. Fans can watch all Arizona football games on the Pac-12 Network

*El Inde Arizona is a news service of the University of Arizona School of Journalism.  

Follow the Daily Wildcat on Twitter