Date Book

• Africana studies lecture. Stephen Marc, professor of art in the Herberger College of Fine Arts at Arizona State University, Tempe, will talk about his photography highlighting the Underground Railroad. 5 p.m. Free. Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center, Room 130
  • Rod Wing will talk about sequencing the rice genome to double the rice yields on less land, with less water and on poorer soils. Rice is the most important food crop in the world, and sequencing the rice genome is a step toward combating the hunger of future generations. Noon – 1 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Gallagher Theater
  • Pizza with a professional. A panel discussion about the various biology majors offered on the UA campus, led by members of the UA community and staff. Noon. Free. SUMC, Rincon Room
  • Music. KAMP Student Radio will be on the UA Mall. Noon. UA Mall, main stage
  • Physician and poet Rafael Campo will talk about the poetry of healing. Noon – 1 p.m., DuVal Auditorium
  • Music. The wind symphony and symphonic band present their final concerts of the season, presenting classic concert band works and transcriptions. 7:30 p.m. Free. Music building, Crowder Hall
  • Paul Charlton, a United States attorney and adjunct professor at the James E. Rogers College of Law, will be giving a talk about terrorism and border security. Noon. Free. College of Law building, Room 146
  • Edward A. Vasquez will discuss growth characteristics and salt tolerance of two reciprocally invasive grass species found in coastal salt marshes. 9 a.m. Free. Environmental Research Lab
  • Interview workshop. Learn how to project confidence for an interview and how to dress professionally. 10 a.m. Free. SUMC, Career Services, Suite 411