To get you through your weekend …

Wednesday

High school dances — awesomely awkward or awkwardly awesome? The answer might be found at Club Congress’ Spring Formal, with its two-day lineup of bands that have been recent critical darlings: Warpaint, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Twin Shadow, PVT (formerly Pivot), Cold Cave and Das Racist. At least it will be better than a DJ asking you to do the electric slide to Marcia Griffiths’ “”Electric Boogie.”” For more information, visit www.hotelcongress.com/club/. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. 21+. Doors open at 8 p.m. $10 in advance, $12 day of show.

Thursday

Beowulf Alley Theatre Company continues its presentation of “”Fronting the Order”” by Warren Bodow. The play follows four encyclopedia salesmen who try to sell their wares to families amid the tension of America transitioning from the 1950s to the 1960s. Beowulf Alley Theatre Company, 11 S. Sixth Ave. Showtime is at 7:30 p.m. Call 882-0555 or visit beowulfalley.org to buy tickets. $19.

The Pima County Fair celebrates its 100th anniversary with a concert series featuring Neon Trees, Anberlin, Cheap Trick and Boyz II Men. In addition to the traditional fair entertainment, there will be daily shows of “”The Original Synners Stunt Show Spectacular,”” starring illusionist John Shaw and sword swallower Lady Diabla, and Elemental Artistry, a Tucson-based fire dance performance troupe. Pima County Fair Grounds, 11300 S. Houghton Road. Through April 24. Call 520-762-9100 or visit www.pimacountyfair.com for more information.

Friday

In an effort to provide aid to Japan in the wake of last month’s earthquake and ongoing nuclear crisis, Club Congress will hold Japan Jam: Relief Concert, which features local bands performing on an indoor rock stage and an outdoor blues stage. For updates, visit www.hotelcongress.com/club/. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. 21+. Performances begin at 6 p.m. A $5 donation is suggested.

Saturday

For anyone interested in art, the creative process can seem mysterious. But the public will have an opportunity to see how artists go through the process of creating a work of art with Tucson Artists’ Open Studios. During the two-day event, more than 100 artists throughout Tucson, Oro Valley and Marana will give demonstrations and discuss their creative process with the public. Visit TucsonOpenStudios.com for a complete list of participating artists and studios. April 16 and 17, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Free.

Club Crawl returns for its spring showcase of bands performing at 31 stages around the downtown area. Visit clubcrawl.ning.com/ for updates and a complete list of bands scheduled to perform. Wristbands available at both Zia Records locations in Tucson. 21+. $8 in advance, $10 at Club Crawl entrances.

Sunday

The Arizona International Film Festival begins wrapping up its 20th anniversary with “”Best of the Fest,”” a three-day showcase of the best short and feature-length films. The Screening Room, 127 E. Congress St. 6:30 p.m. $8.

Influential in reviving the post-punk sound for the early 2000s, Interpol will be performing at The Rialto Theatre as part of an international tour. School of Seven Bells is also scheduled to appear. The Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St. Call 740-1000 or visit www.rialtotheatre.com to buy tickets. All ages. Doors open at 7 p.m., showtime at 8 p.m. $22 in advance, $26 day of show.

Monday

While checking out the newly renovated Plush, you can enjoy local country rock musician Al Perry perform in its lounge. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. 9:30 p.m. Free.

Sassy pop vocals on top of ‘80s club beats — and it’s in French? Some of us stateside might remember Yelle for their cover of Robyn’s “”Who’s That Girl”” a few years back, titled as “”Qui est cette fille.”” The French band is touring the U.S. and Canada in support of its sophomore album, Safari Disco Club, which was released last month. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. 8 p.m. 21+. $20 in advance, $22 day of show.

— Steven Kwan