Police Beat: Nov. 10

No, it was more like four double shots …

University of Arizona Police Department officers were sent to the Coronado Residence Hall on Oct. 31 at 10:17 p.m. in response to a report of an intoxicated, vomiting female.

On arrival, officers met with a resident assistant and Tucson Fire Department emergency medical personnel and were escorted to the woman’s room.

The woman had bloodshot eyes and was semi-conscious. She told officers that she had taken two shots of an unknown liquor. The woman’s friend told police that she had actually taken four double shots, not two, and had then become violently ill.

TFD personnel evaluated the woman’s condition and determined that she should be transported to University Medical Center to be treated for extreme intoxication. She was cited for minor in possession and released from the hospital.

Boys in blue bust boys with blue bracelets

Between 10:45 p.m. on Oct. 31 and 12:05 a.m. on Nov. 1, UAPD officers spoke with between 15 and 20 drunk and underage people leaving the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity house.

UAPD officers went to the house later on Nov. 1 at 12:10 a.m. to shut down the sanctioned party.

When officers arrived they met with security and a senior member of the fraternity. Police questioned the member about the fact that several underage people in the house were given “”blue, over-21 bracelets.”” The member was unable to provide an answer.

Officers shut down the party at 12:20 a.m. and went into the house. Inside, they found approximately 200 people in a courtyard. As police entered the courtyard, people began to scatter, hide and throw their drinks on the ground. The member claimed responsibility for the event. He was cited on charges of furnishing liquor to minors. He was released on scene and the incident was referred to the Dean of Students Office.

Drunken dame dives into bushes

While UAPD officers were near the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity house on Nov. 1 at 12:22 a.m. they saw a woman stumble on the sidewalk as she was leaving the house.

The woman fell into some bushes on the west side of the building. Officers checked to ensure the woman was not injured during the fall.

The woman had bloodshot eyes and the strong odor of alcohol coming from her mouth as she spoke. She also slurred her speech and swayed back and forth during questioning. The woman told officers that she was 18 years old and said, “”I was drinking at SAE. They were just serving to everyone.”” Police cited her on charges of minor in possession and released her to the care of a friend. The incident was referred to the Dean of Students Office.

Bitch: 1, Man: 0

UAPD officers went to Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall on Nov. 1 at 12:55 a.m. in reference to a report of a woman possibly in need of medical attention.

When they got there, officers met with a woman who told them she had been assaulted and believed that one of her fingers had been broken.

According to the woman, she was walking up the ramp at the northeast corner of the dorm. She observed a man walking on the bike path north of the dorm. The man approached her and grabbed her. The woman swung at the man and struck him with her left fist. After she hit him, he released his grip on her, but then grabbed at her purse. She ran into the dorm to escape the man and the man did not pursue her. Once inside, she watched as he crossed the street and walked towards Park Avenue. When he reached the other side of the street, he looked back over his shoulder and screamed, “”bitch.””

The woman told police that she did not know the man and was unsure of what his intentions had been. She also admitted that she was unsure that she would be able to identify the man if she saw him again. She gave police a description but officers were unable to locate any suspects. TFD arrived to evaluate the woman and advised her to have the finger examined by a physician.