Police Beat: Oct. 12

Villa del vomit

A University of Arizona Police Department officer went to Villa del Puente Residence Hall at 12:10 a.m. on Saturday in response to a report of an intoxicated woman. The officer met with a resident assistant who was assisting the woman in the lobby. The woman was lying on her side on the floor next to a puddle of vomit. She smelled strongly of alcohol. She was unconscious, but was still breathing, the officer noted. Paramedics from Tucson Fire Department transported the woman to University of Arizona Medical Center-University Campus. The officer went to the hospital later when the woman regained consciousness. She did not want to talk about what or where she had been drinking. The woman was cited and released for minor in possession of alcohol in body.

Never again

UAPD officers went to Babcock Residence Hall around 2 a.m. on Saturday in response to two intoxicated women. The officers approached the two women, who were vomiting into trash bags. Both had watery eyes and smelled of alcohol. Their speech was slurred. They told the officers they drank an unknown amount of hard liquor at a party. The women said they would never drink again. TFD paramedics arrived and transported the women to UMC for extreme intoxication. The women both were cited for minor in possession of alcohol in body.

That’s not mine, officer

A UAPD officer stopped a car on Broadway Boulevard at 8 a.m. on Saturday for speeding in a 35 mph zone. As the officer approached the car, he could smell a strong odor of marijuana coming from the inside of the vehicle. The driver and passenger identified themselves and consented to a voluntary search. Neither of the men had any contraband on them. During a search of the vehicle, however, the officer found a small glass jar containing marijuana under the front passenger seat. Both men denied ownership of the marijuana and said they did not even know it was there. The driver said he had allowed someone he barely knew to drive his car the previous night and that he may have left it there. The driver was issued a warning for speeding. A record’s check of the passenger revealed an outstanding warrant for reckless driving from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office. He was arrested and transported to Pima County Jail.

Greek graffiti fest

A UAPD officer went to Delta Chi fraternity at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday in response to a report of vandalism. The officer met with a representative of the fraternity who said someone had spray-painted the house and broken a window between 6:30 p.m. on Friday and 11:30 a.m. on Saturday. One of the kitchen windows had been broken. The officer found a rock inside the kitchen near the broken glass that may have been used to break the window. Along the west outside wall of the house were several graffiti words and drawings. The Greek letters for Sigma Chi, Delta Delta Delta, Sigma Kappa, Alpha Epsilon Phi and the letters “FIJI” and “DJ” were painted on the wall in red and blue spray paint. The words “cock suckers,” “pussies” and a drawing of what appeared to be a penis urinating were also on the wall. The representative had no suspects of who might have vandalized the fraternity, but said he was willing to prosecute if one was identified. A victim’s rights form was mailed to the fraternity.