Police Beat

A man was arrested a little before 11 p.m. on April 5 for possession of marijuana and having two confirmed warrants after police saw him run a red light on his bicycle, reports stated.

Police were driving eastbound on East Speedway Boulevard toward North Park Avenue when they noticed the man on his bicycle in the bike lane next to them, reports stated.

The man turned left and rode across all the lanes of traffic and into the eastbound left-turn “”pocket”” at North Park Avenue, reports stated.

The man completed his left turn onto northbound Park Avenue against a red light, reports stated.

Police stopped the man at 1230 N. Park Ave., and told him he had run a red light.

A records check showed the man had two confirmed warrants and police placed him under arrest, reports stated.

The man was asked if he had anything on him police should know about, and the man said he had a knife on the backside of his belt, a hypodermic needle in a small pocket on the right side of his pants and marijuana inside his fanny pack.

Inside the blue fanny pack was 114.8 grams of marijuana packaged in a large plastic baggie, reports stated.

A second police unit arrived and transported the man’s bicycle to the police station.

The man was transported to Pima County Jail, and the items were booked into evidence, reports stated.

A student lost her $700 black camcorder and black bag on April 5 while she was at the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

The student told police she forgot she had the camcorder and left the union thinking it was in her car.

The student went to her car around 10 a.m. on April 6 and realized the camcorder wasn’t there, reports stated.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A student lost her $350 silver camera phone around 4:45 p.m. while she was at the Main Library, 1510 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

The student said she last saw her phone at 4:45 p.m. on a desk next to her stuff on the third level of the library.

She saw the phone was missing at 4:47 p.m., reports stated.

The student stated someone could have stolen the phone, but she was unsure.

Police told her to contact her cell phone provider as soon as possible to have the phone shut off, reports stated.

A student’s vehicle was damaged sometime between midnight and 1 a.m. on April 4 while it was parked at East Fifth Street reports stated.

The student said she had heard noises all night but could not remember an exact time her vehicle may have been damaged.

The student said she last saw her vehicle at midnight and noticed the damage at 1 a.m.

A large river rock had been thrown through the vehicle’s rear window, and because of the amount of damage it appeared to have been thrown from a moving vehicle, reports stated.

The rock had skidded across the trunk, causing scrapes, dents and damage to the paint, reports stated.

The rock had shattered the rear window and landed in the front passenger seat.

The student felt her vehicle may have been targeted because of the rainbow sticker on the rear window, reports stated.

Police asked the student if anyone had a grudge against her and she said “”no,”” reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu