Top 5 picks of the week

Movie theaters are going to be packed with several hyped-up new releases this weekend. If you don’t want to spend your weekendwaiting in line for tickets and popcorn, consider seeing one of the most classic action films of all time.

“”The Terminator””

There’s really no way you can justify missing this 1984 classic on a big movie theater screen. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s portrayal of the badass cyborg is legendary.
    The lm is playing tonight and tomorrow night only at The Loft Cinema.

“”Blood Diamond””

This is a real gem to find at the cheap theaters. Our old friend Leonardo DiCaprio stars in this depiction of 1990 s violence in Africa. The lm was nominated for five Academy Awards, including Best Actor for DiCaprio.

“”Meet The Robinsons””

If you don’t mind wading through a sea of toddlers and other kids, check out this new Disney lm. While the cast of voice actors
    includes stars like Adam Sandler and Adam West, the lm’s animation steals the show.

“”The Lookout””

Recently, the suspenseful thriller seems to be the most popular kind of movie. Here’s another movie of the typical style starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt of “”3rd Rock from the
    Sun.”” This one has all the good stufflike bank heists and, uh, lookouts.

“”Peaceful Warrior””

If you need an uplifting boost, this may be your movie. If you’re planning on competing in the Olympic Games some day, you may get some inspiration from this lm based on a book by Dan Millman.

– compiled by Patrick Valenzuel