Police Beat

A student’s $40 front-side marker lights were stolen off of her vehicle sometime between Sept. 5 and Sept. 6 while it was parked behind the Delta Chi fraternity house, 1701 E. First St., reports stated.

The student called police Monday to report the theft.

The student told police she had last seen her vehicle intact at 9 p.m. Sept. 5 when she parked it in the southeast corner of the lot.

When the student came back to her vehicle at noon Sept. 6, she noticed the lights were missing.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

Police discovered three lids missing from irrigation boxes in Tyndall Avenue Parking Garage, 800 E. Fourth St., at 9 a.m. Friday, reports stated.

The irrigation boxes were located in the northwest corner of the garage, reports stated.

Two sections of the irrigation pipes had their valves broken.

Police shut off the valves and collected the broken lids that had been scattered throughout the area.

Facilities Management was notified of the incident.

Police took photos of the irrigation boxes and placed them into evidence.

A student was cited and released for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at 10:48 p.m. Monday after a resident assistant reported smelling marijuana in Gila Residence Hall, 1009 E. James E. Rogers Way, reports stated.

The RA directed police to the area, where they smelled an odor of burnt marijuana coming from the room, reports stated.

Police knocked on the door, and a male student answered the door. Police asked him if they could come inside and talk with him, and the student said, “”Yes.””

Police asked the student if he had been smoking in the room and the student said he had not.

The student denied having any marijuana in the room.

Police asked the student twice for permission to search his area of the room and the student said, “”Go ahead.””

The student admitted the marijuana and the pipe were his and said he had used the pipe to smoke “”pot.””

Police asked the student if there was anything else in the room they should know about and the student took a glass bong out of his closet. The bong was wrapped in a towel.

The marijuana, pipe and bong were placed into evidence, reports stated.

An employee reported finding graffiti Monday inside an elevator in the Nursing building, 1305 N. Martin Ave., reports stated.

The employee told police she was in the elevator at 8 a.m. and didn’t see any graffiti, but when she went back at noon she saw the graffiti.

The graffiti was written in black marker and was unreadable.

Police reported the writing was in a street-gang style of font.

Police attempted to remove the graffiti, but it wouldn’t rub off.

The employee said she advised Facilities Management to have the writing removed.

A student’s $60 silver mountain bike was stolen sometime between Sunday and Monday from the bike racks outside Navajo-Pinal Residence Hall, 1557 E. Sixth St., reports stated.

The student told police he locked his bike to the racks on the south side of the dorm at 10 p.m. Sunday and then went inside for the night.

The student said when he locked his bike, he inserted the cable lock through the bike’s frame, front tire and then through the rack.

The student told police he left his room at 7:55 a.m. Monday and went to the bike rack where he had locked his bike.

The student noticed his $12 cable lock had been cut and his bike was gone.

The student picked up the cut lock and put it into his room for safekeeping.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.