Police Beat: Feb. 22

Pissing away dreams

A male UA student was cited for minor in possession, criminal damage and criminal littering after urinating on a police vehicle on Feb. 12 at 11:07 p.m.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer leaving the “”Brochella”” party, shut down at Sigma Chi fraternity at 10:58 p.m., was walking into the parking lot just west of the fraternity house when he observed a man through the glass of one of the four police vehicles in the lot.

The student was standing on the driver’s side of the police vehicle and the officer could see what appeared to be a spray of water going on one of the windows of the patrol vehicle.

The officer noticed a puddle of water flowing on the ground toward the rear of the vehicle as the officer approached the car.

The officer heard the student run from behind the vehicle while buckling and zipping his pants.

“”I just pissed all over that cop car!”” the student said as he ran into a crowd of people. “”It’s going to be nice and smelly when it gets toasty!””

When the officer approached the student and removed him from the crowd, the student immediately began apologizing for urinating on the vehicle and said it was a stupid thing to do because he aspired to be a police officer.

The officer noticed a strong odor of alcohol on the student’s breath and saw that the student had watery eyes.

The officer asked if the student had been drinking and the student admitted to drinking at a Sigma Chi pre-event party off-campus.

The student wouldn’t identify who supplied the alcohol and could not remember the party’s location.

The student had urinated on the driver’s side window, the left rear passenger window, the driver’s door, the left rear passenger door and the door handle of the police vehicle.

The officer arrested the student for minor in possession, criminal damage and criminal littering. The student was handcuffed, searched and booked into Pima County Jail.

The student was referred to the Dean of Students Office for a code of conduct violation.

Belligerent student gets fresh with officer

A male UA student was charged with minor in possession and giving false information to a police officer at around 9:51 p.m. on Feb. 12.

A UAPD officer on patrol was driving past the Sigma Chi fraternity during the “”Brochella”” party at the fraternity and noticed several people outside of the chapter house.

A male student approached the officer’s vehicle, mistaking the police vehicle for a taxi, and asked the officer to take the student in question home.

The officer stopped to talk to the student and noticed a strong odor of alcohol on his breath.

The student’s eyes were bloodshot, staggering as he walked, swaying about two inches back and forth while standing still, and slurred his speech slurred.

The officer asked if the student had been drinking and the student admitted to drinking “”a little bit.””

The student said that he was 22 years old but he provided Aug. 5, 1992 as his birthday which would make the student only 18 years old.

The officer asked for the student’s name, and the student gave the officer a name but spelled the last name differently than it was pronounced.

The officer asked about the student’s last name several times, and the student continued to give the officer multiple spellings.

The officer detained the student and placed him in the police vehicle.

While in the vehicle the student stopped crying and carried on in a “”jovial attitude.””

“”Can I just suck your dick?”” the student said to the officer.

Eventually, the student identified himself truthfully.

The officer attempted to locate a friend to take the student home. The student said that he was at the party with a female friend who was a friend of a brother in the fraternity.

However, the brother told the officer that he had never met the student.

The officer then hailed a taxi for the student. The student got in the cab but then jumped out of the vehicle.

“”Go home with me please, I’m afraid to be with myself!”” the student yelled at another police officer.

The officer transported the student to Pima County Jail and booked the student for minor in possession and giving false information to a police officer.

Once inside, the student demanded that Tucson Police Department officers untie and remove his shoes.

The student became combative and TPD officers had to hold the student on the ground while he was booked.

Crazy night at Sigma Chi

No fewer than 10 students were cited for being minors in possession of alcohol on Feb. 12.

Most students admitted to drinking in preparation for the “”Brochella”” party at Sigma Chi fraternity.

Party security refused to let at least two students into the party because the students were carrying flasks containing alcohol.