Police Beat

An unknown vehicle damaged a UA employee’s parked car as it pulled out of a parking spot in the Second Street Parking Garage, 1340 E. Second St., sometime between 2:15 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. Oct. 25, reports stated.

The employee parked her silver Subaru Legacy between two grey and white vans on the third floor of the garage.

When she returned, the van to the left of her car was gone, and a scrape 6 feet long and 6 inches high was on the driver’s side of her car.

The responsible party left no note at the scene.

Police consulted the garage’s cashier staff to try to identify the responsible van, but the staff said that the van could only be found through Parking and Transportation Services if it used a parking permit.

The owner said she would not press charges if the responsible driver pays for the damage.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

An Arizona license plate was stolen from a car parked in the National Optical Astronomy Observatory parking lot sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Oct. 24, reports stated.

The vehicle’s owner returned to her vehicle to find the car’s rear license plate missing.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A student reported on Oct. 26 that an unknown person charged $464.70 in her name at a Target store in Boston, reports stated.

A Houston-based bill collection agency contacted the student regarding two charges made at the Target store in January.

The agency said that a driver’s license number and the student’s name had been given during the fraudulent transaction.

Police checked the license number in databases, but they found no Massachusetts license with that number.

A student reported that she lost her grey phone that opens like a keyboard somewhere in the northeast bathroom of Arizona Stadium between 8:30 p.m. and 8:35 p.m. Oct. 26, reports stated.

The student left the bathroom and realized her phone was missing shortly thereafter.

She said that she had contacted her phone company, but they had advised her that she did not need to cancel her phone service because she had not yet used the phone.

The student said the phone was on low battery power when she lost it, so she suspects that its batteries are now dead.

A student’s car parked in a parking lot south of the Student Recreation Center, 1420 E. Seventh St., was broken into between 3 p.m. and 9:05 p.m. Oct. 26, reports stated.

The student left her car locked and parked in the lot, but she returned to the white Honda Civic to find its front passenger side window broken and torn out.

The window had been ripped out of the door and had been thrown on the ground in front of the car.

Items were strewn about the inside of the car, and the glove compartment had been rummaged through.

Nothing was stolen.

No evidence was recovered from the scene, and police have no suspects or witnesses.

A student’s bike was stolen sometime between noon and 4:30 p.m. Oct. 26 from a bike rack near the Babcock Residence Hall, 1717 E. Speedway Blvd., reports stated.

The student left his bike locked with a cable lock through the frame and the rack, but when he returned, he found the cable lock cut and on the ground where he had parked the bike.

The bike was not registered with Parking and Transportation Services, and the student did not know its serial number.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.