NBA DRAFT: Jennings goes to Bucks

Brandon Jennings runs down the floor in McKale Center as a senior at Oak Hill Academy. The former Arizona signee was picked 10th overall in the NBA Draft Thursday night.

NEW YORK -ÿFormer Arizona signee Brandon Jennings was selected No. 10 by the Milwaukee Bucks on Thursday night in the NBA Draft.

He wasn’t in the WaMu Theater at Madison Square Garden for the pick, but showed up at the No. 14 pick by the Suns, when NBA commissioner David Stern invited him to come out of the back room and acknowledge the crowd.

“”I flew in, with my family members, there were 20 of us, and I just felt like spending the time with them in this whole process because they have been there for me since Day One,”” Jennings said. “”It was better to spend it with my family.””

Jennings’ agent, Bill Duffy, President and CEO of BDA Sports Management, released a statement moments before the Draft began, notifying the media that Jennings would not be in attendance.

“”Because we do not have a strong grasp of Brandon’s draft position, I’ve advised that he and his family enjoy this day in a more private setting with the people he loves the most,”” Duffy said in the statement. “”Brandon Jennings will have a very illustrious career in the NBA, and at the end of the day, that is all that is important.””

Jennings said he was not concerned about his stock falling, but added that he was surprised he was picked 10th overall.

“”When I worked out for the Bucks, it was one of my best workouts so far,”” Jennings said. “”A lot of top guards in that workout.””

Jennings, a 6-foot-1, 170-pound guard, was the first player to go from high school to play professionally in Europe, where he averaged 7.6 points, 1.6 assists and 1.6 turnovers per game.

“”Just being overseas, you know, made me more humble,”” Jennings said. “”I was probably just a little upset to see the guys go before me. You know, it just made me hungrier now. I can’t wait until the Summer League starts and the regular season.””

Stay with the Wildcat for more to come.

Follow us on Twitter here.