Date Book

Campus Events

• Tunnel of Oppression. The Tunnel of Opression is an emotionally charged multimedia experience that challenges ideas and perceptions of issues dealing with oppression. 6 p.m. Free. Kaibab-Huachuca Residence Hall
  • Brown bag. The School of Information Resources and Library Science Research Brown Bag presents a talk by Celeste Gonzalez de Bustamante, “”Onion Skin and Oxygen: Access and Research at the Televisa Script and Video Archive in Mexico City.”” Noon. SIRLS building, Multipurpose Room
  • Pizza with a Professional. Looking for career ideas? Enjoy free pizza and soda while listening to a panel of professionals and faculty who work in the entertainment field. Noon. Student Union Memorial Center, Ventana Room
  • Lecture. The Africana Studies Lecture Series Fall 2006 presents Julian Kunnie, who will present “”Globalization, Ecocide and the Continued Genocide of Indigenous Peoples.”” Noon. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S338
  • Group fitness party. Get motivated! Campus Recreation is hosting the Group Fitness Party where you can sample a variety of group fitness classes including cardio kickboxing, cardio express, yoga, NIA and muscle pump. 5 p.m. Student Recreation Center
  • Speaker. The Law, Criminal Justice and Security Program Speaker Series presents Judge Mary Helen Maley, who will speak about her program “”Constructing Circles of Peace.”” This program uses peacemaking circles as a method of treating domestic violence offenders, victims and families. 12:30 p.m. James E. Rogers College of Law building, Room 146
  • BRAVO! Datablitz. BRAVO! Students will present the research they performed in Australia. Mohammed Abdelwahab will speak on “”Neural Circuits Producing Pelvic Vasodilation.”” Mikhal Gold will speak on “”Vitamin E Analogs and Angiogenesis: Effects on the Expression of Angiogenic Mediators in Tumor Cells and Endothelial Cells.”” 4 p.m. Life Sciences South building, Room 340

Entertainment

• Pumpkin carving. Get your gourd ready for Halloween. The first 20 students or teams will get a free pumpkin. Free. 6 p.m. Park Student Union, Dining Room
  • Arizona Wind Quintet. The UA School of Music presents the Arizona Wind Quintet, a faculty ensemble. Tonight’s concert, which is free and open to the public, will focus on the music of contemporary composers. 7 p.m. Music building, Holsclaw Hall
  • UA Studio Jazz Ensemble. The UA Studio Jazz Ensemble, under the direction of Jeff Haskell, will be performing. Guest artists Dmitri Matheny and vocalist Katherine Byrnes will perform with the ensemble. 7:30 p.m. $5 student, $7 UA employee, $9 general. Music building, Crowder Hall
  • Free screening. Come see a free screening of “”Ghostbusters””! 7:30 p.m. SUMC, Gallagher Theater