Out and about in Tucson: this week in July, August

Friday, August 2

Local Love Tribute Fest, Rialto Theatre, 6:30 p.m. doors, 21

A tribute festival consisting of all your favorite ‘70s and ‘80s rock bands. Hear music by Journey, The Grateful Dead and The Doors to refresh your rock ‘n’ roll spirit. Check out the Rialto’s events page for more details. Tickets are $5 in advance and $8 day of show.

Saturday, August 3

Summer Beer Tastings, Hotel Congress, $20, 5 p.m.

Find out more about our brewing friends in the Northeast with this Saturday’s Summer Beer Tasting at Congress. This time, the Vermont Hard Cider Company will be in town — the first cider tasting to be featured at Congress this summer. All tastings include food from Cup Café and are reserved to 48 people per tasting.

Lose Your Clothes: The Underwear Party, Hotel Congress, $5, 9 p.m., 21

Need a reason to bare it all in public? Then join Club Congress for their annual Underwear Party. Last year over 900 scantily dressed patrons attended! With eight DJ’s on mutiple dance floors, enjoy listening to great music and party in your undies.

Sunday, August 4

Picture this! Art for Familes, Tucson Museum of Art, 1:00 p.m.

Enjoy works of contemporary art at the Arizona Biennial 2013. Watch artists work, get inspired and create art of your own. This event is free to the public and perfect for a weekend family activity. Visit www.tucsonmuseumofart.org for more information.

Monday, August 5

James McCartney, Club Congress, $15, 7 p.m, 21

If the last name isn’t a dead giveaway, singer/songwriter and son of Sir Paul McCartney, James McCartney, will be coming to Tucson. McCartney has just released two EP’s, produced by David Kahne and Paul McCartney. Check out Club Congress’ main website for more information and music videos.

Tuesday, August 6

Peace Corps Community Information Session, Catalina Room in the Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 6 p.m.

Join Lauren Maghran, UA Peace Corps recruiter, as well as other Peace Corps volunteers to gain insight on the skills and experience you’ll need in order to apply for the Peace Corps. A series of presentation will help you learn more about the Peace Corps and what you can do to join.