“On the spot: Paige Sager, Pre-business freshman”

Out of all the movies you have seen this winter break, what was your favorite?

“”Up In the Air.””

Why?

It was witty and enjoyable to watch. It was all the charm of “”Juno”” in a new setting.

There is buzz going around that it could win Best Picture this year. Do you think it will be able to stand up to the other monster motion pictures?

For sure will it be able to stand up to the other movies. While “”Avatar”” and “”Precious”” were good movies, there was something about “”Up In the Air”” that was different. It was a nice change of pace from the other blockbusters of the winter.

What other movies and TV shows stand a chance to dominate awards season?

Well, a new TV show that I have loved is ABC’s “”Modern Family.”” It is like a new “”Office.”” The characters are unlike any other show, and the plot line is never the same every episode like other shows. Another show that’s obviously going to kill at awards season is Fox’s “”Glee.”” It’s indescribable. There has never been a show like it before.

What movies were you surprised were receiving a lot of hype?

“”Blind Side”” with Sandra Bullock. She has always been in those movies that no one cared about, like “”All About Steve.”” That was a truly horrible movie, and then she comes out in “”Blind Side”” and blows everyone away. She gave a stunning performance, and I’m happy she is finally getting the recognition she deserves.

Are there any movies you still want to see that have yet to come out?

“”Shutter Island”” with Leonardo DiCaprio, “”Valentine’s Day”” and “”Alice in Wonderland.””

Bryan Ponton