Police Beat

A student’s vehicle was damaged sometime between March 1 and Monday while it was parked at 421 N. Cherry Ave., reports stated.

The student told police he parked his vehicle at 10 p.m. March 1, and when he returned at 1 p.m. March 6, he noticed his vehicle was damaged.

“”Fuck off”” and “”Fuck you bitch”” were scratched into the vehicle along the entire right side, reports stated.

The student told police he did not have any enemies and did not know anyone who would have damaged his vehicle.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A student reported finding a UAPD uniform shirt March 5 behind the Student Recreation Center, 1400 E. Sixth St., reports stated.

The student told police the shirt was at his house and police transported him home to get it, reports stated.

Police retrieved the shirt from the student and placed it into property.

Someone tried to steal a CatCard cash machine from Villa del Puente, 575 N. Highland Ave., sometime between March 3 and Monday, reports stated.

A resident assistant told police the machine had last been seen at 1:45 p.m. March 3 and was seen damaged at 10:15 a.m. Monday, reports stated.

The machine had been partially pulled from the wall, and a 1′ x 4′ piece of drywall had been torn off from behind the machine.

There was no sign of forced entry into the machine, but it was not working, possibly because of the damage, reports stated.

A student was arrested for underage drinking at 1:45 a.m. March 3 after police saw him walking southbound on the second level of the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Boulevard, reports stated.

Police saw the student staggering and noticed his breath smelled like alcohol, report stated.

The student had bloodshot eyes and slurred his speech as he spoke to police.

The student argued with police and repeatedly asked the same question even after police had answered him, reports stated.

The student was cited and released, reports stated.

A student’s Zone 1 parking pass was taken from her vehicle sometime March 3 while it was parked at 520 N. Euclid Ave., reports stated.

The student told police she parked her vehicle on the far east side of the lot at 11 a.m. and headed to class.

When she returned at 2 p.m., the student noticed the driver’s side door was unlocked and she had a ticket from Parking and Transportation, reports stated.

The student believed she forgot to lock her door when she left for class and someone took her parking pass while she was gone.

There was no sign of forced entry and nothing else was missing from the vehicle, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.