“Team shows, students don’t”

For the second straight game, McKale Center was not sold out and once again the students are to blame. Zona Zoo director Michael Huston estimated 1250 student tickets were sold, leaving the blue seats empty and UA head coach Lute Olson not very happy.

“”What it is, is up in the student section,”” Olson said of the non-sellouts. “”We can’t keep people from being here because students aren’t using their seats.””

Olson who was critical of the student section earlier this season said not filling those seats is “”unfair to the townspeople.””

“”We worked very hard to get that whole section there for students and the students that have been here have been great they are really into it,”” Olson said. “”But it’s like two sections and the third section isn’t (full) so my recommendation is going to be that we have to fill those seats. They’re a lot of townspeople or people from the area that would love to be here.””

Reverse the Curse

Chase Budinger couldn’t figure out why Arizona couldn’t make shots anymore.

“”There’s no explanation. It’s like a curse,”” he said after Arizona’s loss to Washington State.

Budinger’s cousins had an idea. They brought a sign to the game that said “”Curse Busters”” and had a picture of a ghost.

Apparently it worked. Budinger made 6-of-11 field goals and 3-of-5 3-pointers en route to 15 points.