Laguna Beach tranquil yet fun

Laguna Beach tranquil yet fun

Time really does seem to stand still in Laguna Beach, Calif. Ignoring the fact that a lame MTV show was spawned out of its quaint rolling hills and beach bluffs, Laguna Beach is a great place to relax and forget about everything else.

Whether you feel the need to dress to the nines in trendy threads and hit a hot bar, or just need to kick it in comfy sweats and drink brews at a tavern, Laguna Beach has food, drink, shopping and relaxation suited for any type of personality.

Ocean Avenue Restaurant and Brewery
    237 Ocean Avenue
    www.oceanbrewing.com

This restaurant serves up rustic pizzas and bruschetta, and then transforms into a club around 9 p.m., offering musical entertainment by local DJs and bands. But don’t say we didn’t warn you. This place is notorious for getting crazy, so don’t be surprised if the dance floor gets crowded and the drinks start flowing late into the night.

The Rooftop at Hotel La Casa Del Camino
    1287 S. Coast Highway
    www.casacamino.com

Perched atop a darling mission-style hotel, The Rooftop is a breathtaking place to sip on drinks and nibble on appetizers while situated over the ocean. Wrapped up in a complimentary blanket for those coastal breezes, you might just get lost in your trip as you scarf down shrimp and pork wontons and watch the sun sink into the water.

Thalia Street Beach
    Corner of Coast Highway and Thalia Street

To get away from all the tourists, ditch Main Beach and head on over to Thalia Beach for some optimal surfing conditions favored by locals.

Hennessey’s Irish Tavern
    213 Ocean Avenue
    www.hennesseystavern.com

Looking for a place to slam Irish Car Bombs, watch football and hear live music? Hennessey’s offers a laid-back pub environment that serves up incredible burgers and Irish nachos. Always busy, this place is even open for breakfast.