Date Book

Wednesday, June 7

• Medical and nurse practitioner students from the UA Colleges of Medicine and Nursing and volunteer ophthalmologists from the UA and local community will be offering free glaucoma screenings and evaluations. 1 p.m. University Physicians Healthcare Eye Care Center, UPH Hospital at Kino Campus, 2800 E. Ajo Way

Thursday, June 8

• Bring your lunch and ditch the heat for a cool discussion series about the 5 Rs – recycle, reduce, reuse, repurchase and rethink. Every Thursday in June a different R will be discussed. Activities include handouts, a presentation and an open discussion. 11 a.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Agave Room
  • “”Livres d’ Artistes: Selections from the Ritter Collection.”” An opening reception will highlight the French tradition of elegantly crafted artist-illustrated books by celebrated masters of modernism – Pablo Picasso, Georges Braque, Alexander Calder, Marc Chagall, as well as contemporary variations on the tradition by Jim Dine, David Hockney and Joan Mitchell. 5 p.m. UA Museum of Art
  • Special Collection: Presidents of the UA Exhibit. In anticipation of Robert Shelton taking the reins of the UA, the UA libraries present an exhibit dedicated to the leaders of the university. Take a ride through the lives of extraordinary men who made a difference at the UA. UA Main Library, Special Collections Lobby
  • Friday, June 9

• “”Continuous Optical Measurement of Cold Atomic Spins”” by Gregory Anson Smith. 10 a.m. Meinel Optical Sciences building, Room 701
  • Not into the dorm life? Get info from the Exchange, the Reserve, Sterling University Villa, Arizona Commons, Sahara Apartments, Palm Shadows and University House. Free goodies. 12:30 p.m., 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. SUMC, Santa Rita Room