“Campus ‘Cats: Lindsey Seldman, medical anthropoloy”

How did you get into your major?

I took a class with this woman named Leslie Sharp at Columbia. I realized that anthropology is basically people watching. All you have to do is look around you, be aware and sensitive and talk about people.

You mentioned that you transferred here from Columbia University. What made you decide to come back to the U of A?

The weather, the sky and the nature in Tucson. I realized that being in a cutthroat place where you are always competing and always feeling less than the person sitting next to you, wasn’t for me. It’s nice to be able to sit in a garden and swing on your hammock while petting your cat. It’s fun to play Scrabble and know that school isn’t everything. I didn’t get that in New York.

Describe the world in one word.

Relative, because everything is relative. Anywhere you go, anyone you meet will have a completely different outlook on reality. That is what makes the world an awesome place to live in.

What fascinates you the most about the opposite sex?

The thing that fascinates me most about the opposite sex is that their parts allow them to pee on a building. I think that peeing on a building is the biggest difference between males and females. Girls don’t get to do that.

Have you ever urinated in public and been caught?

I’ve never been caught.

What is one extravagance you could not live without?

I like organic coffee, which is more expensive, but it is local.

Have you ever traveled outside of the United States?

Yes, I’ve spent a summer in Guatemala. I’ve spent every summer of my childhood in Italy. I also went to a summer camp in Switzerland.

If your life was made into a movie, who would you want to play you?

Janeane Garofalo – she knows how to make a funny movie. “”Wet Hot American Summer”” is my favorite movie. She is hilarious and smokes like a chimney. She is a badass.

– Kelsey Ahlmark